Stadium improvement Issue

Should SI add an option for building a new stadium in FM?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should SI add an option for building a new stadium in FM?

I always get this issue with stadium. in FM 09 I manage to do 10years with Arsenal but i could never upgrade the stadium because it says the council won't allow it.

I did 7 years with Swansea which I manage to win the premier league, Euro cup and Champions league. I did improve the stadium up to 45,000 seat after that the council again.

it frustrating because the more you improve you staium the more money you get (ex: Barcelona always top rich club even when they don't win trophy for years)

I play the FM2010 demo and there no request for building a new stadium which i think it should be there.

I basing this on what happen to Arsenal and Highbury they couldn't improvet it so they build a new stadium.

Now anyone who had this issue in the game have solve it?

oh yeah on FM08 I slove the problem by going to the editor tool but couldn't do it on FM09. is there a way to solve this in the game with out going to Editor?

Yes, if you want a new stadium and the council are blocking expansions to your current ground, you will need a few things. Lots and lots of money, to be consistently selling out your current stadium, and a bit of luck with your board to approve it.

I'd like to have the option to have the board consider a new stadium. At the minute it seems random whether you will get one or not. I'd also like to see the board planning long term to finance a new stadium. At the moment, it will only go ahead if you physically have the cash in your balance whereas in real life, the board would likely try to finance the construction by part selling the old ground and part loans secured against the greater ticket sales your new stadium would bring. Once you have your new stadium this way, then its up to you as manager to ensure you keep winning, keep selling out the ground and keep the prize money rolling in. If you dont manage this, then you will obviously pay with your job, but the club will also pay the price financially.

trust me I always sell out my stadium when I was managing Arsenal. had i did a anthor game and Cheat heavely just to see if things will change. I had over £800.000.000 cash for transfer money. top of the rich club where the and rich club was at £500,000,000 below me. I did 7 years. and won all competion every years. and nothing happen.

very frustrating.

i think that Emirate stadium cost Arsenal about £200,000,000 in real life to build.

I wonder whether the club takes into account they only just built the last stadium?

I don't think so. In my FC Omniworld FM 09 game, my old stadium was built in 2003 and had a capacity of 3000 seats. In 2013, after refusals by the council to expand the stadium or relay the pitch, I got a new 23k-odd stadium, despite only having 6M in the bank. I had been practically selling out the stadium for the last 2-3 years, however fwiw.

Fair enough, in the case of Arsenal, finance may have been an issue as the old stadium resulted in £250m worth of bank loans!

but i think arsenal has been a bit stupid because we can't upgrade Emirate (according to the stadium tour guide) so that mean when emirate will reach the same piont as highbury did they will have to build another one? non sense beside they should have made it 78,000 seat so we can beat them Utd :)

I think that's always gonna be a problem in London though, especially round our way. I don't think there are any plans to improve the Emirates as it's a top facility and I really like what their doing with the "Arsenalisation" - not my word btw - of the stadium. Back on point though, I'm sure the editor allows you to adjust the expansion or max capacity of a stadium does it not?

but i think arsenal has been a bit stupid because we can't upgrade Emirate (according to the stadium tour guide) so that mean when emirate will reach the same piont as highbury did they will have to build another one? non sense beside they should have made it 78,000 seat so we can beat them Utd :)

You would never have the fanbase Utd have so you would never outsell us!

Haha

I think that's always gonna be a problem in London though, especially round our way. I don't think there are any plans to improve the Emirates as it's a top facility and I really like what their doing with the "Arsenalisation" - not my word btw - of the stadium. Back on point though, I'm sure the editor allows you to adjust the expansion or max capacity of a stadium does it not?

yes but SI should get some option in the game it self. it says that FM aim is to be close to reallity.

so hope fully FM11 would have that

I see two problems here: First, clubs who are building or have plans to build a new stadiums weren't often given such stadium in FM09. If you manage your club for some five seasons and see the reality, in which the same club is already constructing new stadium, or it's planning to build one, it's a little bit frustrating. Second is, that it is often a city, a region, or even a state (if it has to be a national stadium - something I don't agree with (idea of one nat stadium is false like politicians who are funding such new stadiums, but still it exists from time to time)) who builds it. Not to mention the fact, that I never saw any stadium here completely sold out.. It's kind of a sci-fi, but this doesn't mean some new stadiums are not being constructed. Slavia Prague had very low attendances on old stadium (some 2-3,000) and now they don't have less than 10,000 at their hoime matches in Eden park. FC HK with some 1,000 current fans (stadium for 25,000) started to build a new stadium for 10 (extensible for 14). Etc. Etc. This is something, I never liked in FM09 and hope someone will realize that reality is very different here! In editors (like FMRTE) was possible to change stadiums capacity, but not to construct a new one. Even adding more money and decreasing capacity of an old stadium didn't helped in my case. Sad :(

I see two problems here: First, clubs who are building or have plans to build a new stadiums weren't often given such stadium in FM09. If you manage your club for some five seasons and see the reality, in which the same club is already constructing new stadium, or it's planning to build one, it's a little bit frustrating. Second is, that it is often a city, a region, or even a state (if it has to be a national stadium - something I don't agree with (idea of one nat stadium is false like politicians who are funding such new stadiums, but still it exists from time to time)) who builds it. Not to mention the fact, that I never saw any stadium here completely sold out.. It's kind of a sci-fi, but this doesn't mean some new stadiums are not being constructed. Slavia Prague had very low attendances on old stadium (some 2-3,000) and now they don't have less than 10,000 at their hoime matches in Eden park. FC HK with some 1,000 current fans (stadium for 25,000) started to build a new stadium for 10 (extensible for 14). Etc. Etc. This is something, I never liked in FM09 and hope someone will realize that reality is very different here! In editors (like FMRTE) was possible to change stadiums capacity, but not to construct a new one. Even adding more money and decreasing capacity of an old stadium didn't helped in my case. Sad :(

in editor you can build a new one I did a stadium of 200,000 seat but after a while the game bugged lol!

• SI Staff
I wonder whether the club takes into account they only just built the last stadium?

Yes, the boards consider also the age of the current stadium when planning new stadiums. So if you've got a brand new stadium (under 10 years or so), then a new bigger stadium is unlikely to be in the cards.

in editor you can build a new one I did a stadium of 200,000 seat but after a while the game bugged lol!

yes, but you have to do that at the start of each new game.. and with real time editors like FMRTE I use for FM09, I cannot do that as far as I know.

The Stadium improvement issue has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of the game. It would save us lots of frustration if SI could improve on this situation by letting the managers have a say in this, perhaps having a bigger influence to the board on this matter. If you are winning trophies and league titles consistently, the board should take more notice of your stadium expansion demands and listen to your proposals. In this way, the game would be more exciting, challenging and fun. I am sick of using FMRTE every time the board refuses to expand the stadium and I have to "cheat" by expanding the stadium myself!

The Stadium improvement issue has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of the game. It would save us lots of frustration if SI could improve on this situation by letting the managers have a say in this, perhaps having a bigger influence to the board on this matter. If you are winning trophies and league titles consistently, the board should take more notice of your stadium expansion demands and listen to your proposals. In this way, the game would be more exciting, challenging and fun. I am sick of using FMRTE every time the board refuses to expand the stadium and I have to "cheat" by expanding the stadium myself!

seconded! there should be an option to ask for new stadium plans cause the club can't progress any further without

Yes, the boards consider also the age of the current stadium when planning new stadiums. So if you've got a brand new stadium (under 10 years or so), then a new bigger stadium is unlikely to be in the cards.

at least that should be said because we all get frustrated and we don't know what to do. so SI should include in the board reply that a manager should wait 10 years before going for a new stadium and if you are about to build a new one the board should ask to the manager how many seat they should consider or something like that

i agree with you. by the ways what's "FMRTE" where or how do I get it.

• SI Staff

Stadium upgrades and new stadium planning will always be mainly a job for the board. They might ask for some input from the manager but the game is still called "Football Manager" and we'll be focusing on the footballing side of things mainly.

We are however planning on improving this side of the game in the future by giving the manager more information about the possible new stadium plans etc.

Stadium upgrades and new stadium planning will always be mainly a job for the board. They might ask for some input from the manager but the game is still called "Football Manager" and we'll be focusing on the footballing side of things mainly.

We are however planning on improving this side of the game in the future by giving the manager more information about the possible new stadium plans etc.

I was just going to post this first part, surely stadium expansions and new stadium builds are 99% down to the board and the manager saying "ooh how about we get a new stadium" will only have a small influence.

If you can request for the stadium to be expanded, then I don't see why there shouldn't be an option to request a new stadium is built.

If you keep getting back the same message 'The council will never allow planning permission due to lack of space', it can be awfully frustrating. A follow on request from this, simply saying 'request new stadium' would be a very useful addition. The board could then take various factors into consideration as to whether to accept or decline your request, such as the state of your finances, whether you are selling out your current stadium consistently etc. In other words, the same factors they consider when you request for your stadium to be expanded.

• SI Staff

The board consider new stadiums automatically each season if the needed requirements are already met. This means the club drawing enough fans to sell out the stadium constantly and the finances being available for the planning of a new stadium. And naturally due to all the real life planning permission and other paperwork drama, there is a small random element also involved. And like I said, we have some plans for the future on how to provide more information about these things to the manager as well.

The board consider new stadiums automatically each season if the needed requirements are already met. This means the club drawing enough fans to sell out the stadium constantly and the finances being available for the planning of a new stadium. And naturally due to all the real life planning permission and other paperwork drama, there is a small random element also involved. And like I said, we have some plans for the future on how to provide more information about these things to the manager as well.

Well, this is indeed good news. Although I don't see much changes to this in FM 2010, I hope big changes would occur in FM 2011 with regards to this aspect of the game!!! :D

thats true but most manager dont even set the players wages or even bid for the players but you can do this in football manager. so this feature would help.

Archived