Mac vs PC Version

actually I am really looking fwd to official clarification on this one, too. Are there gonna be any graphical / technical differences ? I don't wanna bring this up, but usually the Mac code has less bugs compared to the PC version. However, I can't wait for official feedback on this one.

:thup:

My impression is that the Mac version doesn't look quite as good as the Windows version. I've run both and my *impression* is that the lines are a bit jaggier and the goals look slightly uglier on Mac. But this is just my feeling, I haven't done a side-by-side comparison in any way. Another thing I've found with the demo is that the Mac version crashes a lot whereas the Win version does not...

My impression is that the Mac version doesn't look quite as good as the Windows version. I've run both and my *impression* is that the lines are a bit jaggier and the goals look slightly uglier on Mac. But this is just my feeling, I haven't done a side-by-side comparison in any way. Another thing I've found with the demo is that the Mac version crashes a lot whereas the Win version does not...

Are you using Snow Leopard on a Mac with a NVIDIA graphics card? There is a problem with anti-aliasing on those (it's a driver problem and hopefully fixed in 10.6.2.). That might be the reason for jaggier lines.

how about save files??

I have macbook pro as my portable machine and a windows desktop.

i play using my deskop when i m at home and only play on my mac when i m traveling.

can the same saved data used in both platform?

bump as im also curious to this question.

so i suppose third party team logos, competition logos, facepacks, fake inc file all work on the mac version?

• 2 weeks later...
i love how people down talk macs. '3d detail is lower'. no it isnt!

I have played FM 2010 in Windows and in OS X on the same computer (via Bootcamp) and the detail level on the Mac version is lower even when they are both set to High.

In fact, in the Mac version there is no difference when I choose High or Low on he detail level.

Archived