Dev Team: Any changes to MLS?

I played last years version an awful lot. I started playing with Real Salt Lake but it had some issues with me trading players and AI teams releasing them right away. It just wasn't fun. Then I started playing with Brighton and played for a year or two. I could never get a strategy that worked most of the time. No matter what, the results seemed random. This years seems better about that and I really like the new media interaction and newspaper subscription system. That all being said, I would really like to play as an MLS team and not have issues with trading. It's impossible to demo because the US teams aren't included and I haven't heard a peep from SI development if any changes have been made to the MLS setup. I guess I'll reserve my buying decision until I hear one way or the other from the development team or one of you guys can tell me if it has changed at all once the game comes out.

• Administrators

I can confirm there have been changes made to the MLS - however I'll be honest I can't say personally I looked at the area much. I'll try and get someone with a bit more knowledge to give you an update when I can. Thanks.

• SI Staff

Rules are updated for the 2009 season. There has been improvements regarding AI teams signing Designated Players and the main new feature is the ability to get your Assistant to complete a report of possible Designated PLayers that are interested in joining the club.

Rules are updated for the 2009 season. There has been improvements regarding AI teams signing Designated Players and the main new feature is the ability to get your Assistant to complete a report of possible Designated PLayers that are interested in joining the club.

Awesome info John, Thanks!

Archived