New to Football Manager

Hi,

I'm new to football manager - having previously been playing Championship manager for several years - i am currently trying the demo and the game looks really good so I'm thinking of getting the full game. anyway, just a few questions.

Are there any 'normal' procedures anyone goes through when starting a new game? I mean like setting up any options for your assistant to take over training etc?

Also, with the game editor - can you change a teams bank balance? i dont see that anywhere (I like to cheat on occasion and give Wolves £900M :))

Cheers

Also, as a p.s

Does nybody know how to praise one of my own players or someone elses publically. Wayne Rooney has scored 9 goals in 4 games and i want to praise hime but i cant find the link... I also want to slag off Didier Drogba :)

There is an editor - but only with the full game, not the demo.

As for procedures - there is a "team settings" option, in which I de-select my backroom staff from renewing youth contracts, and I enable my assistant to arrange all friendlies.

To comment on a player go onto their profile, and to the right there is a few drop-down menus where you can 'interact'.

When starting a new game i usually do the following on the first day:

- Set up training.

- Sift through the squad and work out anyone i don't want to keep; offer them to clubs/transfer list them.

- Work out how i want to spend what money i have and get scouting players so i can get players in as quickly as possible.

- Apply for a parent club if i'm managing a lower league club.

- Sack any staff i don't want and start offering contracts to those i want to come in as replacements.

Go to the Board Room, you can find that in your club's drop down menu , then once in the Board Room's overview screen you will see a drop down menu. You make your requests from that menu and you can also adjust transfer budgets/wage limit if you have wiggle room

EDIT: Samuel beat me to it

Are there any 'normal' procedures anyone goes through when starting a new game? I mean like setting up any options for your assistant to take over training etc?

To make life easier I usually do the following:

-Assistant arrange all friendlies

-Check out staff stats and 'mutually terminate' their contracts as once you take over a club. The existing staff understand if you want to replace them immediately, they can be harder to get rid of if you wait a while or more expensive to terminate contracts. The 2 that I replace straight away are my assistant and scouts as I tend to sell and buy players on the first day.. or at least start scouting several players before other clubs come in

-Put out a basic formation and put existing players in, then see where I need to buy

-Under 'Game settings' I sort out all the measurements to my liking. Such as British pounds, Feet for height, Stones for weight etc.

Hope that helps.

Archived