Football Manager 2010 - Compressed version, would anyone be interested?

I was just wondering if anyone out there feels like me and would like a compressed version of football manager to be released along side the full version of the game, that plays a bit like champ man 97/98 but up to date. Obviously the detail in the new games an the ability to manage every aspect of a club is brilliant, however, I would still much rather be able to play 7 or 8 games in an hour, rather than 2 or 3. Does anyone else agree?

I was just wondering if anyone out there feels like me and would like a compressed version of football manager to be released along side the full version of the game, that plays a bit like champ man 97/98 but up to date. Obviously the detail in the new games an the ability to manage every aspect of a club is brilliant, however, I would still much rather be able to play 7 or 8 games in an hour, rather than 2 or 3. Does anyone else agree?

I disagree.

If you want to play games at reasonable speed you'll have to upgrade your hardware.

SI are not going to release a "compressed version" just because some people have obsolete software.

Yeah, you really want the PSP version, which is basically a watered down version.

I wouldn't like to see two PC versions, as Rb said, it would just take away development time for other features/fixes etc.

I disagree.

If you want to play games at reasonable speed you'll have to upgrade your hardware.

SI are not going to release a "compressed version" just because some people have obsolete software.

My point was not that my software is not up to scratch, I have a brand new laptop with good spec. My point was that there is that much to do in between games and to set up for games that each game takes about 15 to 20 mins to play an a season can drag on forever. I'm not saying that I dont enjoy the game as obviously its by far the best football management game around, all I'm saying is I think a more compressed game with quicker gameplay would appeal to many.

My point was not that my software is not up to scratch, I have a brand new laptop with good spec. My point was that there is that much to do in between games and to set up for games that each game takes about 15 to 20 mins to play an a season can drag on forever. I'm not saying that I dont enjoy the game as obviously its by far the best football management game around, all I'm saying is I think a more compressed game with quicker gameplay would appeal to many.

I do have a little sympathy for you. The game has become slower to play over the years, and I don't mean in terms of processing speed. Matchday experience is too slow for me and as a result I play on Only Commentary most of the time. I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much and there are a few commentary die-hards kicking about on these board still! I find this way I'm able to rattle through a season relatively quickly.

Have you tried that?

Archived