One African International cup missing in FM2010

This year 2009 a new African International Championship cup has been created.

it's called "The African Nations Championship" or CHAN (Championat d'Afrique des Nations).

National sides contest the event, but unlike the African Nations Cup, all players are drafted from home domestic leagues (All players have to be playing in an African leagues). include all Staff too.

Proof:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/7304560.stm

hopefull this cup will be on FM2011.

It is in the game....

As the competition finished in March and is only Biennial It might not be mentioned until

2010 at the earliest..

Heres a screenie of Ghana's history showing that they finished runners up this year.

2qvty60.png

I'm not sure if it's a playable competition yet but I can't see any reason as to why it isn't

Yeah i saw that as my country won it but it's not playable because you can't click on it and see the cup profile. which is a shame. but may be SI didn't have time to set it up as there will be an otion just for African national team. example Ghana,GHA U21s, GHA U19s and then GHA local.

It is in the game....

As the competition finished in March and is only Biennial It might not be mentioned until

2010 at the earliest..

Heres a screenie of Ghana's history showing that they finished runners up this year.

2qvty60.png

I'm not sure if it's a playable competition yet but I can't see any reason as to why it isn't

Thanks ffor the information!!

If its in the database, maybe you can add it on the editor???

well editor will have to work this time cuz It didn't work for me on FM09 I couldn't load it but I could do modification in editor and all. but there now pop up window to tell me to load my editor file!

If its in the database, maybe you can add it on the editor???
I guess there also some missing stuff on the african level .. they still have the cup winners cup till now!!

There is a lot of missing thing on african football but I understand as it's not easy to get info about it.

it's like they get wrong info on football in my country DR Congo and also on some player.

I send them a email to say I'll volunteer to help them with that if they are interested. I mean Specially with my country DR Congo. cuz they alwasy get the squad 30% wrong and for the youth 80% wrong

SI have never put the effort in with Africa.

Like I said it's not easy to get info on African football specially on country's league.

saying they don't make an effort I think it's harsh to say because you can play South africa league. so we should be thankful for that.

I think they do not need a volunteer to know that the African Cups Winners Cup is no mpre existing for about 10 years.

Also some Egyptian players have retired 5 years ago and they are still existing and good enough to get into the national team's squad

Even in South Africa they had a problem with the Work Permit.

• SI Staff
I guess there also some missing stuff on the african level .. they still have the cup winners cup till now!!

The African Cup Winners Cup competition is set as extinct in the database, and has been since 2008.

SI have never put the effort in with Africa.

Thank you for your constructive post.

This year, you will notice, we have a new joint Head of Research for Africa, 'Blue Lou' from the fmafrica forums. He has, along with Driss, continued to do a lot of work on the African data.

If you have any issues with the African data, I suggest you go to the African Data Issues thread in the Data Issues forum. Oh, and if you do, please try to post useful comments rather than the drivel you have just posted. We're always keen to hear from people willing to help.

I send them a email to say I'll volunteer to help them with that if they are interested. I mean Specially with my country DR Congo. cuz they alwasy get the squad 30% wrong and for the youth 80% wrong

Rather than pluck random figures out of the air, please use the African Data Issues thread in the Data Issues forum and post some actual evidence in there. We will gladly welcome your input on DR Congo players.

I think they do not need a volunteer to know that the African Cups Winners Cup is no mpre existing for about 10 years.

Also some Egyptian players have retired 5 years ago and they are still existing and good enough to get into the national team's squad

Even in South Africa they had a problem with the Work Permit.

Which Egyptian players? It's no use posting a comment like that without actually listing the data errors being made, so that they can be fixed and we can see if there is a problem in the database.

Which Egyptian players? It's no use posting a comment like that without actually listing the data errors being made, so that they can be fixed and we can see if there is a problem in the database.

In FM09 players like Ahmed Salah Hosny and Tamer Abdel Hamid are still in the national team while they are not playing competitive football a long time ago.

another thing happened with me 3 times .. African Internationals were played at the same day as the African Champions league, which were played on Tuesday and Wednesday like the ECL, in fact ACL matches are held on Saterdays and Sundays.

And a request for the international friendlies; I think African teams as well as South Americans should have the option of playing their friendlies in Europe rather than choosing only between home and away.

Thank you.

The African Cup Winners Cup competition is set as extinct in the database, and has been since 2008.

Thank you for your constructive post.

This year, you will notice, we have a new joint Head of Research for Africa, 'Blue Lou' from the fmafrica forums. He has, along with Driss, continued to do a lot of work on the African data.

If you have any issues with the African data, I suggest you go to the African Data Issues thread in the Data Issues forum. Oh, and if you do, please try to post useful comments rather than the drivel you have just posted. We're always keen to hear from people willing to help.

Rather than pluck random figures out of the air, please use the African Data Issues thread in the Data Issues forum and post some actual evidence in there. We will gladly welcome your input on DR Congo players.

What an extremely unprofessional post.

Archived