Feet, retraining, first team exp and

Can you improve feet? Will it conflict with the players growth (i.e. will his technicals not grow to as good as they would have been?)?

Does retraining waste substancial ammounts of CA/PA to make a difference?

Is loaning a viable way to "grow" players, or keep them in reserves under superb training facilities?

Can you improve feet? Will it conflict with the players growth (i.e. will his technicals not grow to as good as they would have been?)?

Does retraining waste substancial ammounts of CA/PA to make a difference?

Is loaning a viable way to "grow" players, or keep them in reserves under superb training facilities?

To improve weaker foot:-

1. train in position opposite to strong foot

2. play in position opposite to strong foot

3. combination of 1 and 2

As a player is developing and CA does not equal PA the game assigns points to attributes based on training for a given change in CA. Training a weaker foot takes CA points that would otherwise go to other attributes. Some people have tested it out and found that increasing a weaker foot takes up more than other attributes.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/5822069083

Whether or not a stronger weaker foot is important is up for debate and you need to consider your own tactics and a player's position in deciding on this. There are numerous theories on the effect of weaker foot which you can take as read or test out for yourself and dispute if you feel the need:-

1. A player being shown onto his weaker foot is less likely to dribble with the ball even when set to run with ball often instructions if his weaker foot is poorly rated.

2. Central midfielders with a very lowly rated weaker foot are more likely to direct play in the direction of their stronger foot as their preference is to pass with that foot.

3. Strikers shown onto weaker foot who have a substantially weaker 'weak foot' will probably have a lower shots on target conversion rate.

4. Defenders, in particular central ones, will be more effective in tackling when they are strong in both feet with a higher tackling rate and success rate. This can be compensated for by facing a CB who is right footed against a striker who is right footed and setting 'show onto left foot' instructions as this will help to increase the likelihood of the CB tackling/blocking with his stronger foot.

5. The tactical concept of 4 can be applied to one footed full backs against wingers, but showing onto foot affects the angle the defender takes when closing a player down, thus if the opposition winger is much pacier then this 'show onto foot' approach can be risky.

6. If your winger is set up to head for the byline and cross, then if he is predominantly one footed it should not be as much of an issue, but of course the AI can use the Opposition Instruction against your winger to nullify this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is loaning a viable way to "grow" players, or keep them in reserves under superb training facilities? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out this thread for some 'experience' based observations

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/1412051883

and this thread for more in depth CA analysis

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/1292092083/p/1

1 - i'm pretty sure you can't retrain feet - although i wouldn't be surprised if retraining to somewhere like LW improved the players left foot a little.

2 - Being two footed uses up large amounts of CA, hence IF you could, it would hinder development in other areas, although i still maintain you can't retrain feet.

3 - Retraining to another position does use CA - it is often better to buy another player than waste a promising players CA on another position - my opinion obviously, there are different trains of thought.

4 - Loaining players is better for them IF they are at a decent club - i've produced 2 world beaters recently by loaning them to palace and kilmarnock - and quite often players left in the reserves just stagnate.

Hope this helps

My problem is I have Diogo and Guilhereme. Two worldclass strikers but both have TERRIBLE left feet.

I'm not sure what to do with them since I want both in my team and I'd prefer not to play Guilhereme as an AMC.

The player on the rightside always seems to get the goals. icon_frown.gif

Sorry to confuse the issue but I've just discovered by using FM Modifier that a central midfielder I have has seen gains in his weaker foot as his CA developed WITHOUT needing retraining in a weaker foot position.

I might look into this in more detail but for the moment possible explanations for this might be:-

1. high versatility affecting natural allocation of CA points to weaker foot

2. he is a central midfielder which might affect it (i.e. central players being more likely to see changes in weaker foot without retraining)

3. there is an inherent allocation for younger players as they develop within a specific CA/PA differential

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To clarify, am I absolutley guaranteed a raise in my players left foot capablities if I retrain them to the left wing?

What if I retrain them once they've peaked? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try it out and see what happens. I've never tested this before but I would guess that if a player has peaked then based on the fact that it is an attribute with a CA cost then one of two things will happen:-

1. Other attributes will drop to compensate

2. There will be no change to his weaker foot

This is just theory and could be wrong so try it out and see what happens.

i've seen that players like diogo have 2 stat spreads. one spread has is really good, one has 1 stat less in every technical/mental.

i've concluded this is because the good stat spread has a very weak left foot. the other stat spread is compensated with a decent left foot. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2 - Being two footed uses up large amounts of CA, hence IF you could, it would hinder development in other areas, although i still maintain you can't retrain feet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How come? I used Genie Scout on FM2007 and never observed that on my players. Perhaps it gives more points to versatility, but not in large amounts.

Since FM2006 you can not retrain a player to a new position to a level of 20 and stay that way forever. This is observable, a player loses his abilities in a couple of months after the retraining is off.

But I haven't noticed the 'migration' of points from from attributes to somewhere else in retrained players.

What I noticed using the Genie Scout is that a player can grow his attributes inside predefined limits. Meaning if the winger X has a estimated (by Genie Scout) growth for crossing of 16, he's not ever have the crossing attribute greater than 16 (in whatever training circumstances).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How come? I used Genie Scout on FM2007 and never observed that on my players. Perhaps it gives more points to versatility, but not in large amounts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The system has been changed for FM 08 according to the various tests people have done in the thread I linked to above.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so if i retrain diogo to AML, will his left foot improve? whats the time scale for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try it out and see what happens. Post back here whatever you find.

Being two footed takes up alot of CA points.

Just look at Zambrotta 175 CA, great psycical stats but low technical and mental due to hes left foot is 86 out of 100 AND he can play on both sides on the pitch - which also uses some CA points..

I never really understand why FM change players mental stats after you start a new game.

It should only be the technical attributes imo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aaron_AO:

did u retrain him to ml or aml? did u play him there too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No hes just a backup player for Kaka, in Amc position.

Archived