Insane transfer market!

Ok, I realise every year there are a few gems ready on the transfer market for decent clubs, even maybe one or two for top clubs, but is 2010 going too far? Started a game with Henry, Cani, Tiago, Maxi rodrigues, Eboue, Zebina, even bloody Bojan on the list (and there were a lot more)! No one in their right mind would sell Bojan for only 5 mill! Are you toying with us SI before the real release? Anyone else had any other ridiculously good players on the transfer list?

Bojan for £5m sounds bad. But SI have said that generally the AI clubs are better in terms of being more complete, e.g. they will buy top players and look to buy good young talent instead of buying nobody and letting their squad just age and do nothing about it!

Ollie Gill at Man Utd starts on the transfer list. No way he's going anywhere, he's the Chief Executive's son :) In seriousness I hadn't noticed that, although I had noticed that Chelsea consistently sign Cassano and Iaquintaereaererer (can never spell his name), which strikes me as odd. The Manager AI doesn't seem to be any more aware of balance in the squad than it was on the last game. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over from me at Man Utd in FM09 and just signed English DM after English DM. I think he had six at last count before I stopped playing!

Bojan for £5m sounds bad. But SI have said that generally the AI clubs are better in terms of being more complete, e.g. they will buy top players and look to buy good young talent instead of buying nobody and letting their squad just age and do nothing about it!

He signed for Sunderland on a free about a season in or so from Barca after being released in 09... :thup:

are we playing the same? None of them were on the list for me.

And I don't think I would classify Cassano to Chelsea as being odd. I think it would be a great move for them. Matter of fact he killed me in my first game against them with 2 goals.

Same here.

yeh but it can be annoying when players CONSTANTLY sign for the same club. it particularly happens with chelsea. like one year Goran Pandev signed for chelsea almost every save i started. last year it was Marek Hamsik to Man City EVERY save. this time its cassano. why is this? i mean you wouldn't predict these tranfers to go through IRL.

yeh but it can be annoying when players CONSTANTLY sign for the same club. it particularly happens with chelsea. like one year Goran Pandev signed for chelsea almost every save i started. last year it was Marek Hamsik to Man City EVERY save. this time its cassano. why is this? i mean you wouldn't predict these tranfers to go through IRL.

Ok yeah it does show a lack of variety. :)

I’ve wondered about this before. When you start a new game it tells you that its ‘loading manager shortlists’; is this what it refers to? When you look at certain players transfer screen at the very start of the game, many of them already have clubs listed as interested.

And I’m not sure that I’d agree that the same managers going for the same players is unrealistic. If they have a player in mind who they feel would play an identified role in the team and would be available for an agreeable price, then why would it be unrealistic for them to want to sign them in each new game when the circumstances in their club at the start of each new game would be the same?

What I do agree with as being unrealistic though is AI managers buying multiple players for the same position and then letting them rot in the reserves.

Well, Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan is going to be looking for roughly the same types of players regardless of what choose when setting it up. Then depending on nations loaded is where the variation comes from, and how much they rate certain players. Use the editor and change the managers, then it is possible that there will be more variation. Look at it in real life, Mark Hughes was after target-man like forwards, signed Santa Cruz and Adebayor. He wanted Santa Cruz enormously, and I'm sure if life had some sort of setup options, 99% of the time Hughes would have gone for Santa Cruz.

Ollie Gill at Man Utd starts on the transfer list. No way he's going anywhere, he's the Chief Executive's son :) In seriousness I hadn't noticed that, although I had noticed that Chelsea consistently sign Cassano and Iaquintaereaererer (can never spell his name), which strikes me as odd. The Manager AI doesn't seem to be any more aware of balance in the squad than it was on the last game. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over from me at Man Utd in FM09 and just signed English DM after English DM. I think he had six at last count before I stopped playing!

I started a game with Chelsea and those two are recommendations to help strengthen your attacking options, so I'm assuming Ancelotti just takes the advice. I myself got Iaquinta for 10m and he is fantastic. Scored a bunch in preseason and already has about 6 goals in 5 games

Seems pretty realistic too me. No crazy bargains, and not inflated transfer fees either. I got Hamsik in the summer for 9 million, which I think is pretty close to his real value. The AI overpays a bit for their transfers, but not too much so.

are we playing the same? None of them were on the list for me.

And I don't think I would classify Cassano to Chelsea as being odd. I think it would be a great move for them. Matter of fact he killed me in my first game against them with 2 goals.

Yes they are at chelsea, at my save to it will be interesting to see, how they cope now that there is a transfer ban....

No ins and outs or you can buy from them?

Seems pretty realistic too me. No crazy bargains, and not inflated transfer fees either. I got Hamsik in the summer for 9 million, which I think is pretty close to his real value. The AI overpays a bit for their transfers, but not too much so.

Napoli wants something like 20 milion for Hamsik irl

Archived