Blurry/hard-to-read font

I have noticed that (on my comp at least) the fonts in the FM2010 demo do not look as sharp as I would like. It can be a bit hard to read some of them. For instance the font for the player names on the pitch in the tactics screen.

Have anyone else experienced this?

I have noticed that (on my comp at least) the fonts in the FM2010 demo do not look as sharp as I would like. It can be a bit hard to read some of them. For instance the font for the player names on the pitch in the tactics screen.

Any chance of a screenshot please?

Yes of course, here it is!

34xi4ps.png

As can be seen the font is not as crisp as one could expect. It gives some eyestrain to read it, I think.

If you think that the fonts are a not very crisp then I'm sure your right. What I would say is in terms of the new user face the new tabs set up makes the title you have clicked on more clearer as can be seen by the AC Milan title, but the other titles like reserves and under 20's have a different background in order to make the AC Milan title more clearer.

Edit: Yeah the piece of writing is not as sharp as it should be.

Yeah, resolution would be what I would suggest, try fiddling around with that and see if any of those take your fancy

I don't think it's a resolution issue. It's to do with the anti aliasing on the fonts. The aliasing is too strong on fonts that are too small. See this example:

tumblr_krolzw1O8D1qa5daqo1_500.png

On the text used there, the "bright white" sections of the letters will show up clearly. The transparent / pinky ones are there to smooth the font and create curves. I think it's something SI are aware of. Something you can do to fix it is to use a skin which doesn't have such insane contrast between text and backgrounds (I tried playing as Manchester United and the white text on red was just... wow.)

HTH.

Archived