Quick question: Is league reputation still completely static?

That's horrid. This effectively means you are unlikely to ever win any european trophies if you don't play a huge team with a big budget.

If no big players want to ever "lower themselves" to play in Scotland, for example, then you arent likely to even win Europa League nevermind Champions League with a Scottish team. Nevermind any leagues with a lower reputation than the SPL.

This really should change.

That's horrid. This effectively means you are unlikely to ever win any european trophies if you don't play a huge team with a big budget.

If no big players want to ever "lower themselves" to play in Scotland, for example, then you arent likely to even win Europa League nevermind Champions League with a Scottish team. Nevermind any leagues with a lower reputation than the SPL.

I'll put my neck on the line and say theres a chance it will be in FM11!

It is a huge let down for me as well. I would love to help improve the reputation of a league by managing there and doing well in European competitions. It would be amazing to see if you could turn the Norwegian Premier League into one of the top leagues in the World, for example.

I hope this gets corrected in FM11.

Maybe not immediately, but over time it is possible. Every year people in here attempt this and succeed.

No offense, but what you just described is what's going on in real life. The last time a "big" club from a big league didn't win the Champions League was arguably when Porto won it. From what I've read, it looks like Celtic and Rangers are looking for a way out of the SPL into another league because the reputation of the SPL is pretty abysmal. I think it's pretty realistic how Messi isn't going to join a Scottish club.

But I also think league reputations shouldn't be static, Serie A looks like they're in danger of losing their spot as one of the big three leagues in Europe (others being La Liga and the Premiership) to either Germany or France. I don't know how they would determine a league's reputation if they chose to make it non-static. Maybe by how well their teams do in continental competitions?

But it is not realistic IMO to think that because a team from Holland wins the Champions league that more good players will want to play there. The league as a whole still does not have the financial ability to pay players the wages they could get in England or Spain. The rep and quality of football yes may increaee but the bottom line is the best players in the world are not going to play at Porto, because they can't pay them enough.

No offense, but what you just described is what's going on in real life. The last time a "big" club from a big league didn't win the Champions League was arguably when Porto won it. From what I've read, it looks like Celtic and Rangers are looking for a way out of the SPL into another league because the reputation of the SPL is pretty abysmal. I think it's pretty realistic how Messi isn't going to join a Scottish club.

But I also think league reputations shouldn't be static, Serie A looks like they're in danger of losing their spot as one of the big three leagues in Europe (others being La Liga and the Premiership) to either Germany or France. I don't know how they would determine a league's reputation if they chose to make it non-static. Maybe by how well their teams do in continental competitions?

I would say it would be a combination of performance in continental championships and differences in the payroll of clubs throughout the nations. After all, what do players care about? Trophies and money.

While it's realistic that the SPL is down in stature, it's not realistic to assume that it will always be the same.

It's not that difficult. UEFA produces league coefficients every year, and they're based primarily on performance in continental competitions. Why in the world can't SI program something similar into the game so that leagues around the world will have a coefficient that determines reputation increases and decreases from year to year?

Archived