Clubs actually buys youth players now?

I really like this feature. Finally clubs invest in youth instead of all relying on their u18.

I don't think I'm going to buy much youngsters in this game though. I'd like to see how well I can do purely by producing my own players.

Iv only just kicked off the season but already i notice alot of prem teams are paying as much as 2 million for 16 year olds from around the globe' date=' its nice to see, ;)[/quote']

What sort of wages are you seeing them being paid?

A big problem with 09 I thought was newgens with a high PA wanted silly money.

2 seasons in and the top 4 will be starting with 16-18 year olds :D.

To be honest, Man Utd already have played Rafael a few times, he's only young and look at Arsenal's Carling Cup policy. I'm quite excited about it, there have always been a golden generation and it looks like this is what will be included this year. Anyone remember Beckham and his mates all breaking into the first team? ;)

I'll wait before making a judgement. This could be one of SI's reactions to things that sends things desperately the wrong way. 2 seasons in and the top 4 will be starting with 16-18 year olds :D.

I noticed United signing Baxter. I really don't think Everton would let him go, and regardless, he's a strange player to try for when you've got Petrucci, Macheda, Welbeck and that Rooney fellow. IMO this is an area that needs some improvement still.

Iv only just kicked off the season but already i notice alot of prem teams are paying as much as 2 million for 16 year olds from around the globe' date=' its nice to see, ;)[/quote']

yeah i noticed that too, and there is this young guy, Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht... all the big clubs are vying for him!

Its promising, but I'm not getting excited just yet. I'll wait until 15 years into the game to see if the big clubs have snapped up all the youth and wasted them, for example, leaving the game with relatively few star players. Or if the mid-table sides always let their young players go instead of hanging on to them as long as possible. There's still a lot that could go wrong that we just can't see from the demo.

does the board still get disappointed when u sign a youth player and let him sit in the reserves for a bit to develop? that annoyed me

I think the confidence depends on the squad status when you signed them.

eg. if you sign a back up and that is excatly what they do then the fans won't be disapointed

and ... if you sign a youngster and he shows some potential in cup games etc then they will be happy witht the signing

I think the confidence depends on the squad status when you signed them.

eg. if you sign a back up and that is excatly what they do then the fans won't be disapointed

and ... if you sign a youngster and he shows some potential in cup games etc then they will be happy witht the signing

Well, that is indeed good news to hear! Great job SI!

This is a great step forward for SI and FM. It is part and parcel of football for teams going nuts for the best youth players and offering them silly money. Great news it is working well but I agree with the poster who said see how it works out in 3 to 4 years as many do not make the grade.

Its promising, but I'm not getting excited just yet. I'll wait until 15 years into the game to see if the big clubs have snapped up all the youth and wasted them, for example, leaving the game with relatively few star players. Or if the mid-table sides always let their young players go instead of hanging on to them as long as possible. There's still a lot that could go wrong that we just can't see from the demo.

whs.

Early signs are encouraging but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

One of my big problems with FM2008 (I didn't play enough seasons in FM09 to comment) was the number of decent players who'd get to 30 and have played less than 100 career games (league only). IRL, as far as I can see, most players will drop down the leagues trying to find their level in pursuit of regular football once they're at least 20-22. Whilst it's great that the transfer policies of big clubs seems to be reflected in the game, I hope that the players behave realistically once they get to a certain age and are being denied a sniff of first team football.

GillsMan - along the same lines, it really annoyed me to see a good player refuse to join your club due to a slight drop in reputation, he would rather stay in the reserves where he was rotting away. He would even refuse a hike in wages to join your club as a first team regular, because reserve football was apparently so appealing. :D

(hope that makes sense)

This part of the game is the make or break aspect of it for me so I am crossing my fingers that it has had a lot of time spent on it.

I want to be able to play the game through 20+ seasons and am not interested in starting a new game every 5 years - I'll just play the master league on PES or manger mode on fifa for that...

I just hope they implement League Cup policies, as more teams are playing youth (e.g Arsenal) but I've not yet seen evidence of this happening in the demo.

no signs of this. man u have just paid 2.5 mill for a 17 year old and straight away loaned him out to me, a league 2 side.

i agree with gills aswell.

no signs of this. man u have just paid 2.5 mill for a 17 year old and straight away loaned him out to me, a league 2 side.

i agree with gills aswell.

Yes I agree, Arsenal play their 1st team against L1 teams. It's probably hard to work on, but let's hope they can do it, if not now, at least on the patch:thup:

Archived