Patch

What is the limit of a patch ?

I mean I know it can correct most of the bugs, update the database but whatelse :

- can it improve animations ?

- can it improve the 3D engine

- etc...

In other way, what a patch cannot do ? What can we expect to be improved for this FM2010 ?

In theory, a patch could improve anything.

In fact I'm sure work on animations has finished for FM10 and those won't get better before FM11. The same applies to graphics I assume, maybe with the exception of the shadows having a lesser effect on visibility.

The patch will surely improve the ME itself as it's always improved in small increments (builds) and the latest will be added to the patch.

Can I ask whether the release day patch will be released early in the morning on release day? And if not will its changes be save game compatible?? (Obviously excluding data changes)

1. You can.

2. The answer is unknown, even to SI, right now.

3. They always were, so I'd expect that to be true again. Yet, I'll wait for the release day patch before starting my first save and just tinker with the editor before that.

hth :)

Can I ask whether the release day patch will be released early in the morning on release day? And if not will its changes be save game compatible?? (Obviously excluding data changes)

Just in addition to what Jayahr said, they are compatible - but some changes you need to wait until the start of the following season before they take effect.

Archived