Manager Wages

I dont know how everyone else feels about this, but they seem pretty pointless to be honest. If the chairman would let me I,d happily sign a 5 year deal for £0 per week if it'd let me because that would free up some money for player wages.

I remember playing another football management simulation (TCM2005) and you could actually spend your wages on things. Yes it was kind of pointless as well, but it gave you a sense that the money you was earning was being spent by you and your missus on lifes little and big luxaries.

I think SI could grab that pointless concept and turn it into something a little interesting.

For example would the press see you as extravagant if you bought a flash car within a month of taking over at your new job, where you havent won anything yet or done anything in terms of achivement. What message does that send to your young rich superstars?

What do they make of your new £2.5m mansion that is located 75 miles away from the stadium and city/town etc?

What if you were a rich manager but elected to buy and drive around a modest car. Would the press see you as a down to earth kind of manager who has set a fine example to the rich footballers of todays world.

What if you wanted to sign a player so badly but the club had no money, Would you personally fund it for the club yourself out of your own money?

I dunno it could all be pointless in a way, but I just think we could do something with the wages managers earn here. Otherwise let us work for the club for free and save the wage for players wages.

It's a game about managing a football club. It's not Sims. It would be ghastly if you could start spending money on things like cars or houses. I'd consider not buying the game if they went in that direction. But it's okay. They won't.

You are about to get a ton of posts saying go play Fifa manager.

Dont take it personaly but its a question that comes up every week (if not more).

The community has expressed on almost all of these topics that there are far more important features that need to be added and or fixed.

Until then Fifa manager lets you spend cash as if you were playing the Sims.

You are about to get a ton of posts saying go play Fifa manager.

Dont take it personaly but its a question that comes up every week (if not more).

The community has expressed on almost all of these topics that there are far more important features that need to be added and or fixed.

Until then Fifa manager lets you spend cash as if you were playing the Sims.

Thank you for pointing that out, you have succeeded in converting me to the other side. :D

Adios all.

why are everybody's replies so nasty and negative this is also a forum to express an opinion you dont even know him so why call him an idiot ?? i think it is a good idea in the sense that if your club is struggling to balance the books you could opt to take a pay cut at least.

why are everybody's replies so nasty and negative this is also a forum to express an opinion you dont even know him so why call him an idiot ?? i think it is a good idea in the sense that if your club is struggling to balance the books you could opt to take a pay cut at least.

Mansions and fast cars?

This has been discussed to death- yes it is almost purely cosmetic but the higher your wage, the less likely you are to be sacked. Spending your wages is very unlikely to be included in the current game

Still not sure that excuses the more abusive posts in this thread.

I wouldnt worry about the abusive and vindictive people too much, I am more than confident that I achieve more on a saturday morning sat on the toilet after a rancid friday night ruby than they do in their entire lives.

Thats all thats important.

I wouldnt worry about the abusive and vindictive people too much, I am more than confident that I achieve more on a saturday morning sat on the toilet after a rancid friday night ruby than they do in their entire lives.

Thats all thats important.

You didn't need to drop to their level.

This has been discussed to death- yes it is almost purely cosmetic but the higher your wage, the less likely you are to be sacked. Spending your wages is very unlikely to be included in the current game

OK, but before you sign, you don't have the financial info of the team you approach, and you don't know how much "secure" you'll be when negotiating/asking a sum or how much it will influence financial balance of the team.

I like the idea of being able to use your money but not on a sims type thing. Maybe it could be fitted into the game if say you want to move clubs but the receiving club does not have the money to pay for the compensation to release you from the existing contract, you could offer to maybe use that money to help them out, Things like that really.

It would probably put me off FM if i had to choose cars and houses to effect the way my players see me!

It might also make things more interesting if the movement of managers was a little more like real life where maybe other clubs could approach your club to see if they would let them offer you a contract and maybe your chairman comes out with a statement either allowing you to talk to them or telling them that you are not available. This happens in real life and would add something extra to the lower league games where you are trying to move up the ladder.

Not sure how long or how difficult this would be to fit into the game but i think it would add a little bit of real life press talk to the movement of managers if the chairman became more involved!

Archived