specific training for a player

When you give a specific intruction to a player for a particular training ( for ex : improve your short passe during a match, or try more long shot ) usually the player are refusing.

This is unbelievable that they refuse your order !!!

What is your experience about that ?

Thanks.

Since when did all players unquestioningly obey their managers? You can teach players moves, just some are more receptive to it than others. Can you imagine coming into a big club in real life and starting to tell established stars to change the way they personally play? They'd laugh at you. I find the feature works very well for me.

more than 90% of the confirmed players are refusing to change. This is not fair !

I understand that 2 or 3 of your star player refuse as you are new in the team, but here, I'm talking about almost everyone !

Another argument is : even if you are a new manager, the player have to show more to the new manager in order to get their trust, so they have to listen to you, you are the boss !

Or revolt! Clough/Leeds anyone??

I'm with you Pelican, I think it's implemented fine.

Yes, but when you get an answer like "I don't think it will improve anything in my playing", after just a "you should play more long shots", excuse me, but he is not your friend, and your question is for team strategy, not for showing your power !!

It's not fair, and those talks should be usefull...

Mighty, with an attitude that screams 'this is not fair!' and 'you are the boss!' is it any wonder they've refused? You've asked them, they've said no - move on. They're people, not livestock.

Mighty, are you asking players to learn PPMs on the advice of your backroom staff? I'v not had a single rejection from players that I've asked in this manner. Whether the training is actually suitable for the players I haven't bothered checking, simply because I don't care about them developing PPMs in a 6 month demo save. But it shows that they will learn PPMs no problem :confused:

Yes, but when you get an answer like "I don't think it will improve anything in my playing", after just a "you should play more long shots", excuse me, but he is not your friend, and your question is for team strategy, not for showing your power !!

It's not fair, and those talks should be usefull...

I dont think this needs fixing...think about it. You are a new manager at say Chelsea, who have a lot of established players. You ask Ashley Cole to "make less foward runs" or ask Lampard to "To play more defensively" (just an illustration). He thinks he doesnt need to as he doesnt see how it will develop him as a player as and tells you that...what would you do IRL??

I would assess if I need him at the club or if I can get someone else to fill the role. Or I would look for a "developing player" who is more likely to listen; and mould him into the player I want...

I cant see how any "new" manager can convince a play who feels they are established to change the way they play unless the player has complete trust in the manager.

I also believe in the saying that you cant teach an old dog new tricks....:D

So you are convinced that after few years of nice management, they will accept ?

I dont think this needs fixing...think about it. You are a new manager at say Chelsea, who have a lot of established players. You ask Ashley Cole to "make less foward runs" or ask Lampard to "To play more defensively" (just an illustration). He thinks he doesnt need to as he doesnt see how it will develop him as a player as and tells you that...what would you do IRL??

I would assess if I need him at the club or if I can get someone else to fill the role. Or I would look for a "developing player" who is more likely to listen; and mould him into the player I want...

I cant see how any "new" manager can convince a play who feels they are established to change the way they play unless the player has complete trust in the manager.

The problem is, most of these things are tactical. Don't run forward, don't take so many long shots aren't things that players should be ignoring. If they do, we should have the ability to fine them (again, not sure if we do or not).

Can you imagine Capello accepting that his players refuse to listen to his instructions?

Yes, for sure we need it to be fixed by the first patch.

Thanks.

The problem is, most of these things are tactical. Don't run forward, don't take so many long shots aren't things that players should be ignoring. If they do, we should have the ability to fine them (again, not sure if we do or not).

Can you imagine Capello accepting that his players refuse to listen to his instructions?

Choose a good ass man and follow his advice. In your team menu you always have some very nice tips (great addiction to game SI).

If it's another staff member giving you the tip, also check ass man's opinion on the right side of the page.

From my experience with City, i'd say about 70-80% of them accepted to improve the game. Robinho placing shots, Van Persie not shooting so strong, Kompany improving movement with ball, for example.

And this is probably coded, since Robinho also accepted this instruction in 09 instalment.

Do you have an example please of that : In your team menu you always have some very nice tips (great addiction to game SI).

Thanks.

Choose a good ass man and follow his advice. In your team menu you always have some very nice tips (great addiction to game SI).

If it's another staff member giving you the tip, also check ass man's opinion on the right side of the page.

From my experience with City, i'd say about 70-80% of them accepted to improve the game. Robinho placing shots, Van Persie not shooting so strong, Kompany improving movement with ball, for example.

And this is probably coded, since Robinho also accepted this instruction in 09 instalment.

I wanted this features to be interacted and not pre-coded.

Thanks.

Archived