My goalkeeper is an idiot.

I'm playing as Fiorentina and that's three times in two matches Sebestien Frey has conceded goals he shouldn't have conceded - where the ball has come back to him and he's just stood there like a lemon whilst an attacking player runs from quite some distance away to tackle him and pass it in! I don't recall checking the "act like a moron" box in the tactics creator, so there's summat else not quite right (perhaps in my sliders). Can anyone shed some light on this? It's ridiculous, frankly, and highly annoying!

The first instance came when I was playing Arsenal to get into the Champion's League. I'd lost 2-1 at the Emirates, but Jovetic had scored a wonderful goal to make it 1-0 back in Italy, and I was therefore going through. But in the 85th minute Frey received a backpass on the edge of my area - the ball having come all the way back from my own attacking corner, so he was under no pressure - and he just stood utterly motionless whilst Theo Walcott ran all the way over and tackled him, before stroking the ball into an empty net.

The other two came against Udinese. The first one in the second minute, where Frey ran right out of his goal to clear up a ball over the top, but rather than heading it or simply booting it, he controlled it and then - again - stood there whilst he got tackled. The third was slightly less ridiculous, but it still amounted to him standing still whilst he got tackled and the ball was rolled into an empty net!

What am I doing wrong?!

I'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong but I'm starting to get the feeling that GK mistakes are the new "super-keepers" of the FM match engine.

I'm having the same issues with Milan. On a number of occasions now my keeper has done LUDICROUS mistakes. For example in an attempt to get on a backpass from Bonera in one game against Lazio he just walked to the ball, missed it completely, and allowed one of their players to score. Not to mention I've seen 3 goalkeeper mistakes where my GKs were trying to clear the ball outside of the 16-yard box and some 30 meters away from goal after having received the ball within, maybe, 5 feet of goal.

Grasu, have you set your 'keeper as a sweeper keeper?

Nope, can't say I did (as a matter of fact, I didn't even realize this was an option). Still a goal keeper receiving a ball 40 yards away from an attacker and letting him score is a bit weird.

I'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong but I'm starting to get the feeling that GK mistakes are the new "super-keepers" of the FM match engine.

I'm having the same issues with Milan. On a number of occasions now my keeper has done LUDICROUS mistakes. For example in an attempt to get on a backpass from Bonera in one game against Lazio he just walked to the ball, missed it completely, and allowed one of their players to score. Not to mention I've seen 3 goalkeeper mistakes where my GKs were trying to clear the ball outside of the 16-yard box and some 30 meters away from goal after having received the ball within, maybe, 5 feet of goal.

I had jamie ashdown in goal i was fulham, i was playign man utd away i was winning 1 nil. The last min of the game my goal keeper stands there and lets 2 goals in they run past the goal keeper and he stood there didnt move!!

It's happened to me once so far. Unfortunately i use the work computer for all my internet needs and can't really be uploading files from FM or i might no longer have a job. I'm sure there was another thread recently complaining about this same problem and someone from SI was commenting in there. Although i think that was just to ask some people who experienced it to upload the PKm or something like that.

So the jist of that long ramble is that SI are probably aware of it and will hopefully have it fixed in the first patch.

Hi guys, I don't know how to make a Gif file, so I've just had to make five jpegs, but you can easily see what's happened in them. Unfortunately I don't have the Udinese match anymore - I quit the game in righteous anger at the final whistle - but I do have the Arsenal one.

Hi guys, I don't know how to make a Gif file, so I've just had to make five jpegs, but you can easily see what's happened in them. Unfortunately I don't have the Udinese match anymore - I quit the game in righteous anger at the final whistle - but I do have the Arsenal one.

These used to happen in 09 , sorry for you man but that good news is you will not complete the season :D

But the goalkeepers on the 3D are much improved in 10 than 09 as I see till now

I was playing friendly with some lower-ranking team and their GK kept "dropping" the ball in ridiculous situations, and I thought that maybe their GK is just really bad and made no notice of that game. Then later in a competitive game my own GK Gomes did the same thing. Well, sh*t happens, I thought. After all, Gomes sometimes does weird things IRL. Then in another game I had Cudicini kick the ball right at the two opposition players who were closing him down. He didn't kick the ball out until these guys were really close. Now, any GK as experienced as Cudicini would play safe in this situation. And AI goalkeepers make blunders rather often too. Much more often than you'd expect to see in Premier League matches.

I had the same problem but something happened yesterday that made me laugh at my own goalkeeper .. the other team crossed the ball from a corner kick and my goalkeeper caught the ball in the middle of two players and i thought to myself "There you go, nice job.." ...Then he looks back and throws the ball giving the other team another corner kick...

PS: There was nobody injured.

I had the same problem but something happened yesterday that made me laugh at my own goalkeeper .. the other team crossed the ball from a corner kick and my goalkeeper caught the ball in the middle of two players and i thought to myself "There you go, nice job.." ...Then he looks back and throws the ball giving the other team another corner kick...

PS: There was nobody injured.

haha :D only joking mate, but things do happen for a reason. :thup:

Yeah, but Walcott is faster than a speeding bullet. Your keeper never saw him. :)

to be serious, things like that can happen. But if it happens too often it should be toned down. I have only played about 15 matches in the demo and haven't seen anything like that happen yet.

well it happened to me in FM09:

1. Just like your GK, my GK rushed out and once he controlled the ball, he just stay there allowing opponent striker to score.

2. my GK kicked the ball and it hit my defender and roll into empty net. funny thing is my GK rushed out, my 2 other defenders chased the ball while the opponent striker was far behind. I am shocked as my Wingback is a world class fullback and my DC was bought for 41.5 mil euros and is romania national team captain with world wide reputation.

3. My GK tried to punch (I think) a long ball from opponent defender, nobody pressuring him so he can easily catch it. the ball fell to opponent and slot it into empty net.

I´m having same the same issues with ManCity.. 3 games 4 mistakes by given....

Archived