players want £90 p/w ERROR!!!

It's a known issue. It's been a known issue for more than a year. One day, maybe, it'll be a fixed issue.

:)

The problem is it's so difficult to replicate because the bug happens at random. So even if you send in a game save to the bug fixers and testers, they will not be able to get the bug to reappear.

I know this would be a pretty major thing to do, purely as the bug is only cosmetic.

But.. would it be better to rewrite the code if something is wrong with it and they don't know where.

This seems to be the only main problem so far, so would be good to get rid of it.

The bug itself is not a major issue because if you offer the £90 a week wage to the player involved, he wont accept it and the correct level of wage is generated second time around. Changing the game code is always difficult because of the problems can can ensue from doing this and I am sure that SI have thought of this.

The problem is it's so difficult to replicate because the bug happens at random. So even if you send in a game save to the bug fixers and testers, they will not be able to get the bug to reappear.
I know this would be a pretty major thing to do, purely as the bug is only cosmetic.

But.. would it be better to rewrite the code if something is wrong with it and they don't know where.

This seems to be the only main problem so far, so would be good to get rid of it.

The bug itself is not a major issue because if you offer the £90 a week wage to the player involved, he wont accept it and the correct level of wage is generated second time around. Changing the game code is always difficult because of the problems can can ensue from doing this and I am sure that SI have thought of this.

I love how partisan people are on here. Sports Interactive are professional software developers. There really shouldn't be any excuses for this sort of bug existing. It's either a deficiency on the part of their tools or their skillsets.

I love how partisan people are on here. Sports Interactive are professional software developers. There really shouldn't be any excuses for this sort of bug existing. It's either a deficiency on the part of their tools or their skillsets.

Its not a case of people being partizan. SI have acknowledged its a known bug thats been around for a few years however they have difficulties getting the issue to recreate sucsessfully even when people provide save games where it has happend, when SI and us reload the game it doesnt happen again.

If this happens to you, you'll notice that the type of contract wanted is blank rather than showing player or player/coach or coach.

I saw this maybe once or twice during fm09 across 35 or 40 seasons and given that if you offer the player another contract he requests a more reasonable wage it isn't the biggest problem in the world.

Yes they are professional software developers- given what I have said above, do you not think that they have looked at this in depth?

• Administrators

There's already a thread on here about this - we're very very much aware of this issue, but without a reproducable save game it's almost impossible to fix. Luckily it's not a 'gamebreaker' as such, but obviously we'd very much like to fix it. Be aware if you re-offer the contract to the player it will come up as normal. Thanks.

Archived