Player loans

I don't know where to put this thread so I figured General discussion seems about it.

I manage Man U and whenever I offer players to clubs for loan most mediocre clubs come offering stating that "he would be valuable player for the first team" or "he would act as cover". For me that is crucial to any youngster who is about to go on loan but my question is when I offered Welbeck on loan Bayern and Barcelona offered to loan him but without stating if he will be cover to the first team or played in youth. I know it is impossible for him to break the first team but is Barcelona or Bayern a better option than first team football? With all the world class youth system both clubs provide I don't know whether to give the lad first team football or a good foundation of knowledge and appreciation of youth facilities whilst putting in mind that he can train with the likes of messi, xavi or riberry and robben.

I apologize again if this has been already stated but I have been through a couple of pages and I couldn't find a similar post. I would appreciate any feedback at all.

Thank you.

As you are Man Utd I wouldn't see much point sending him to Barcelona or Bayern just for the facilities because Man Utd already have top facilities so you might as well keep him as back-up. My suggestion would be to loan him to a club which you think he would play games, maybe a low end Prem team or a championship team.

As for your other point I've not noticed teams making offers without stating whether the player would be in their first team plans. It might be worth posting in the bugs forum with some screenshots and see what replies you get there.

Archived