Tactics and Tactical Knwoledge

So if I'm looking at advice from coaches, tactical knowledge is more important than tactics?

Whenever I start a game my assistant manager's advice is basically tackle hard, nothing about closing down, weaker foot etc

I thought of it as the following.

"Tactical Knowledge" (TK) demonstrates the range and complexity of tactics a staff member can deal with. Probably suggests something about the level at which they can be effective, tactically. A ceiling, if you like. So, someone with TK 12 ish would be ok to get you out of the CCC but would struggle in the Premiership, whereas someone with TK 20 has the depth of knowledge to cope in the Champions League and at the top level of international football.

Tactics (T) is the coaching ability to implement the above.

So, if have 20 TK and 20 T, you're in heaven :D

20 TK and, say, 5 T, might represent an intellectual who is ineffective in getting his ideas across to the players. Howard Wilkinson? Carlos Quieroz?

20 T and 12 TK would be someone who is really good at getting a team organised and playing in a way that gets them getting good results, perhaps promotion from the CCC to the Premiership. But as for further progression, they are out of their depth. I'm thinking for example managers such as Peter Reid when he was at Sunderland. He could do 442 with wingers and the Quinn-Phillips combination. When he tried to change the style of play to push us on, disaster!

I wonder what could happen if you combine two staff members with these abilities?

I could be totally wrong on all this, but that is how I have interpreted it. Would be good to get some feedback from SI on this :)

• 4 weeks later...

The only problem is, that when I am getting pre-match advises about formation analysis etc., the key attribut is tactical and NOT tactical knowledge (you can tell by looking at second opinion, where only club players knowledge and tactical is highlighted). I am sure because my coach has very good tactical and at the same time very low tactical knowledge. So which one is more important?

The only problem is, that when I am getting pre-match advises about formation analysis etc., the key attribut is tactical and NOT tactical knowledge (you can tell by looking at second opinion, where only club players knowledge and tactical is highlighted).

The "tactical" bar is taken the maximum of the two tactical stats as far as I am aware (same for recruitment with JPA & JPP)

Archived