The old "transfers are biased toward non AI players" debate...

Ok. So for many a year, I've stood by the fact that, the computer is FAIR in this situation. There was always reason for the computer seemingly selling at a bigger price to me (be it the CPU had % extra fees, or fees over a month, after apps etc). I've always defended the situation here.

But something completely out of sync has just happened.

There's a striker - he's a regen, hes got average stats for a BSP player, but would work well in my team. He's valued at £1,000 - So I put in what I think is a generous offer of £15,000 + 50%... expecting them to accept it. They didn't - and came back with a "£100,000 + 30% + one of my key players, valued at £95,000.

I don't think so, somehow. So I reject the bid, forget about the player and carry on my game. A few weeks have passed, and all of a sudden I get a message saying [TEAM A] have accpeted a bid of £12,000 + Clauses for [PLAYER X]

Now, while I don't know what the clauses are, considering the player is only worth £1,000 - I doubt the transfer is much more than £30,000 - £40,000.

Why on earth would they expect so much from me, and not from an AI Manager?

Things I'd considered...

- Manager Dislikes me.

- AI Managers are friends.

- Club is my rival

- Player is now transfer listed

- Player is now loan listed

- Player has become unhappy

- Board interfered

- Change of club manager

But not one single element here has changed. It's only been 2 weeks since my bid, so why the massive difference in what is an acceptable bid from a Human / AI manager?

Ok. So for many a year, I've stood by the fact that, the computer is FAIR in this situation. There was always reason for the computer seemingly selling at a bigger price to me (be it the CPU had % extra fees, or fees over a month, after apps etc). I've always defended the situation here.

But something completely out of sync has just happened.

There's a striker - he's a regen, hes got average stats for a BSP player, but would work well in my team. He's valued at £1,000 - So I put in what I think is a generous offer of £15,000 + 50%... expecting them to accept it. They didn't - and came back with a "£100,000 + 30% + one of my key players, valued at £95,000.

I don't think so, somehow. So I reject the bid, forget about the player and carry on my game. A few weeks have passed, and all of a sudden I get a message saying [TEAM A] have accpeted a bid of £12,000 + Clauses for [PLAYER X]

Now, while I don't know what the clauses are, considering the player is only worth £1,000 - I doubt the transfer is much more than £30,000 - £40,000.

Why on earth would they expect so much from me, and not from an AI Manager?

Things I'd considered...

- Manager Dislikes me.

- AI Managers are friends.

- Club is my rival

- Player is now transfer listed

- Player is now loan listed

- Player has become unhappy

- Board interfered

- Change of club manager

But not one single element here has changed. It's only been 2 weeks since my bid, so why the massive difference in what is an acceptable bid from a Human / AI manager?

I suppose it one of these random events that defy human logic: X won't sell at 250% value but will sell at 125%.

The AI should be able to log the bid history on players but, clearly, it can't.

or its just the plain simple fact that it is bias.

what club would turn down an offer thats 15x there value?

with the potentail of another 7% again at a later date. if not more.

no one. assuming your at a very lower level with prices like that £15,000 is alot to most clubs and 30-40k is huge.

so unless your a prem club trying to buy from a conference team and there trying to bleed ya dry then theres no other explanation!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Roger Hunt:

It's your tactics. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes it is... icon_razz.gif

so when the other team put their bid in and had it accepted did you match their bid?

many times in cm2 and cm3 i had my bid rejected. a few months later another team bid and had theirs accepted (less than my original bid), i then matched their bid and mine was also accepted.

it could be the case that your bid unsettled the player slightly. it coudl be that the club felt they had missed out on a great opportunity in selling to you and decided to cash in when someone else put in a good bid

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

I suppose it one of these random events that defy human logic: X won't sell at 250% value but will sell at 125%.

The AI should be able to log the bid history on players but, clearly, it can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think thats the most logical explanation. Many a time have I bid for a player, had it turned down only to have a lower accepted at a later date. It would seem that the AI is in need of some major work in the transfer department.

Finally, do people really still find the 'it's your tactics' "joke" funny? It's about as entertaining as being hit in the face with a brick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

The AI should be able to log the bid history on players but, clearly, it can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think thats the most logical explanation. Many a time have I bid for a player, had it turned down only to have a lower accepted at a later date. It would seem that the AI is in need of some major work in the transfer department.

Finally, do people really still find the 'it's your tactics' "joke" funny? It's about as entertaining as being hit in the face with a brick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless you're the person actually being hit in the face, I'd say that was pretty damn entertaining icon_biggrin.gif

However, back to more pressing matters - I didn't rebid for the player (nor can I now, since he's accepted a contract) - but if I have to wait until someone else bids before I get a reasonable price on a player, then I should really consider why I'm playing this game.

As I previously stated, this is the first case that has caused a problem in my eyes, because previous there was ALWAYS a reason for the difference in price. (Be it rival club / rival manger etc etc). This time, there is no difference in variables.

Also, the amount they asked for a player of his caliber was ludicrous. It's like asking for £70,000,000 + 50% + Cristiano Ronaldo + Wayne Rooney for Andy Todd.

There are problems with transfer fees. Firstly, fees in the game get ridiculously inflated, both for the AI and gamer.

Secondly the AI does sometimes come in with unreasonable demands (buying and selling), but I've found that good deal of bartering can make things more favourable quite often.

I find the AI a bit jewish when it comes to transfers.

Unless they have a player transfer listed, it's highly doubtful you're going to be buying him for close to his Value.

Same thing when selling players, they rarely buy above value. If they come with an enquiery, you name your price and they like to withdraw.

I tried buying Michael Johnson for Celtic, and Blackburn won't accept 20 mil. So they came back with like a 90 mil price tag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I find the AI a bit jewish when it comes to transfers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exlain sharpish, please. I see a thread being closed.

You don't have to wait for someone else to bid, just keep trying.

If i don't get someone, i unsettle them and try again later. I usually get them for an okay price in the end.

Unless of course i'm desprate and willing to break the bank.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I find the AI a bit jewish when it comes to transfers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exlain sharpish, please. I see a thread being closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

always wanting more money than it's wortH? bit tight with money? perhaps.

could possibly say their abit scottish about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

I find the AI a bit jewish when it comes to transfers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Exlain sharpish, please. I see a thread being closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow. Calm down. Calling something Jewish is not a derogatory term.

"Luck of the Irish" - Would that need explaining in your eyes?

"Typical English" - Would that need explaining?

Some people .... icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Ahh.. the old Jewish fiscal acumen stereotype... personally I prefer to accuse the Scots of financial aptitude... we red sea pedestrians are a much better target for big nose jokes...

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jew've got got be kidding me. A funny one? Well I never.

...... You think you've seen everything......

Scum united just accepted a bid of 460 million DKR from Roma for Chrstiano Ronaldo.

I went and made a similar bid and they came back, demanding 800 million DKR. I was like WTF?!?

I then bid 500 million DKR and they wanted 900 million.

Why the heck would they accept 460 from Roma and refuse the same amount from me (Barcelona?)

The Scum manager doesnt dislike me or anything, so it isn't because of a bad relationship between the 2 clubs.

That ticked me off as heck icon_frown.gif

I've seen this a few times but I've also seen clubs bid for players I've bid for bidding more than me and being rejected (not rivals, same league).

Lots of 'bids' in that sentence, I hope it makes sense icon_razz.gif

Ok, sorry if I offended anyone with my comment. I was tired and I should be on medication. icon_wink.gif

But I think it depends on the leagues you buy from too.

But I've noticed something odd, I'm not sure if it was just my game or not, but Chelsea's "wonderkid" Scott Sinclair has horrible stats and was the highest valuable midfielder in my old save.

I had a look at him on a long save that I ended up deleting due to getting a new computer and he really didn't improve much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, sorry if I offended anyone with my comment. I was tired and I should be on medication </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oi that was offensive i need medication

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, sorry if I offended anyone with my comment. I was tired and I should be on medication </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oi that was offensive i need medication </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see the problem... You're a Celtic supporter, may need a stronger prescription for that. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skunner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, sorry if I offended anyone with my comment. I was tired and I should be on medication </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oi that was offensive i need medication </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see the problem... You're a Celtic supporter, may need a stronger prescription for that. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I know who wants to be a Celtic fan oh I know people with brains

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Debate?? I thought we all knew it was fixed?

Like the earth goes round the sun, the Wii is a rubbish name and OJ did it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nail on the head, Transfer system was a issue for many years, is a issue now and no signs from SI that it will be altered in the near future.

Archived