Managerial Discipline?

Right okay, 4 games in won 3 lost 1. My tactics are fine etc. Dirk Kuyt got sent off in the 1st minute against Sunderland. We still went on to win 2-1.

Now Jamie Carragher and Yossi Benayoun give me messages in my news box saying they are worried about lack of managerial discipline?

How do I solve this?

FM10 by the way.

Many thanks.

Right okay, 4 games in won 3 lost 1. My tactics are fine etc. Dirk Kuyt got sent off in the 1st minute against Sunderland. We still went on to win 2-1.

Now Jamie Carragher and Yossi Benayoun give me messages in my news box saying they are worried about lack of managerial discipline?

How do I solve this?

FM10 by the way.

Many thanks.

Did you let Kuyt off, warning or a fine?????

Yeah, as a general rule for 2 yellow's i give a warning. Straight red is a 1 week fine. Anyhting violent or reckless is a straight 2 week fine. That tends to stop the worry of a lack of discipline.

What would you think to Y.Toure having about 16 yellows in 20 games and two red cards to boot!!! In my save. :(

In this version you definately need to have a consistent response to indiscipline or your players will express concerns. This is definately more realistic than previous versions where you could say nothing to a player who consistently let his team-mates down and no-one would bat an eyelid.

red cards in my book get auto 2 week fine. y shud they get 11k a week id there suspended??

I used to do that all the tim on fm 07 but on 09 if i gave them a two week fine they would always feel they were treated unfairly so i usually started with a warning and if they got sent off a second time it was one weeks fine and then two for and send offs after that.

I used to do that all the tim on fm 07 but on 09 if i gave them a two week fine they would always feel they were treated unfairly so i usually started with a warning and if they got sent off a second time it was one weeks fine and then two for and send offs after that.

I too give them 2 weeks fine for a sending off! This seems to solve the issue!

I never have a set procedure if you get a red then thats a two week fine. For me its more subjective as some red cards can be harsh, some are two yellows that for me is not as bad as a straight red especially for vilolent conduct! First offence a warning then depend on the situation and the timing. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived