At last...the fun is back!

I have fallen in love with the game again, created a few tactics so far and i'm seeing the results in the match engine! I feel what i'm trying to create in my head on the tactics board is coming off on the pitch!

The balance between fun and realism is back!

Not to mention amazing little touches like the highlighted attributes on the tactics screen, moving nets, crowd, amazing dark skin etc.

Can not wait for the end of the month!

Do you lot think SI have got the balance right again?

Everything you want to do now can be done much faster. In earlier versions I didn't want to do some things tactic wise, because of how long it would take to do it. Now with touchline instructions that is a thing of the past. For this game SI have really tackled the main annoyances of the past and that is why this game is great and better than every version before it.

I have fallen in love with the game again, created a few tactics so far and i'm seeing the results in the match engine! I feel what i'm trying to create in my head on the tactics board is coming off on the pitch!

Not to mention amazing little touches like the highlighted attributes on the tactics screen, moving nets, crowd, amazing dark skin etc.

This is how I've felt about FM for the first time in years. Well said :thup:

This is how I've felt about FM for the first time in years. Well said :thup:

Cheers mate :) I set up a nice 4-3-3 with 'boro and on the 3d view the players are playing exactly how ive asked them too, i can see their positions really clearly etc its so good! I dont think i'll ever get bored of seeing the net rustle from the ball either, love my nets me!

Am i the only one that struggle to find a decent tactics despite the tactics creator? :(

Here's my thoughts on what you're saying:

I would imagine you've been playing FM for at least a few years now? If that is the case, then perhaps you're so used to the tactics being so vague, complex and utterly frustrating that you are "over-thinking" them. Trying too hard, so to speak. I set up a tactic right from the off with a playing style in mind. I always do this to see if my players will play as I wish, and for the past few years they haven't. FM10 is a break from the norm where my players are finally doing exactly as I want them to.

Totally agree. The match engine in FM10 looks superior to that of FM09. And the new tactics creator/setup was great. It allowed us to give instructions like real managers would give not the totally unrealistic 20 point sliders. (yeah I know they are still there, but you don't have to use them)

Touchline orders was a nice little feature too :)

Archived