which laptop?

link 2 got a 16 inch HD cinecrystal screen with wide screen thats great for Games ,Films ,animation and designing ect thats the only good thing that Link 1 has not

the amazon one has the same screen technology but at 15.6. though, i have no idea as to what "cinecrystal" is :D

the gt 130m is a newer card, uses 55nm technology instead of 65nm technology which the 9600m gt uses. in plain english, the 130m uses less power, and doesnt get as hot. which is good for a laptop.

the clock speed and shader speed of the gt 130m are faster than the 9600m gt, which, basically, means the gt 130m will give you more frames per second than the other.

ddr3 is faster than ddr2 ram. google or wiki it.

the amazon one is better for games, but i guess in theory the argos one is better for movies as it has a larger screen, but you wouldnt really notice the 0.4 inch difference.

the gt 130m is a newer card, uses 55nm technology instead of 65nm technology which the 9600m gt uses. in plain english, the 130m uses less power, and doesnt get as hot. which is good for a laptop.

the clock speed and shader speed of the gt 130m are faster than the 9600m gt, which, basically, means the gt 130m will give you more frames per second than the other.

ddr3 is faster than ddr2 ram. google or wiki it.

the amazon one is better for games, but i guess in theory the argos one is better for movies as it has a larger screen, but you wouldnt really notice the 0.4 inch difference.

ok thanks a lot mate.

Do you know by any chance how many extra frames there would be on the gt130m compared to the 9600m gt?

Also do you know if out of the 2 laptops if any of them have a sound/video card?

Any help much appreciated.

frame rates vary game to game, that link i posted on one of your old threads gives examples of games, their settings, and how loads of cards perform.

and i dunno if it has a soundcard, youd probably have to check the acer website.

Technically, the 130M is a better GPU, but the difference is pretty small if you look at benchmarks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9600M-GT.9449.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-130M.13789.0.html

The first laptop appears to be better overall though. The GPU & CPU are both slightly better. The hard drive is bigger, but it is 5400RPM. I didn't see what the RPM is on the 2nd laptop, but if it is 7200RPM then it is something worth considering.

Also, the 1st laptop is 1366x768 resolution. That's another thing to consider. I don't see what the resolution is on the 1st one, but if it's smaller I personally wouldn't like anything lower than that resolution.

So for me, I would buy the 2nd one only if the resolution is higher and if the hard drive is 7200RPM. Otherwise, I would buy the 1st one.

Technically, the 130M is a better GPU, but the difference is pretty small if you look at benchmarks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9600M-GT.9449.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-130M.13789.0.html

The first laptop appears to be better overall though. The GPU & CPU are both slightly better. The hard drive is bigger, but it is 5400RPM. I didn't see what the RPM is on the 2nd laptop, but if it is 7200RPM then it is something worth considering.

Also, the 1st laptop is 1366x768 resolution. That's another thing to consider. I don't see what the resolution is on the 1st one, but if it's smaller I personally wouldn't like anything lower than that resolution.

So for me, I would buy the 2nd one only if the resolution is higher and if the hard drive is 7200RPM. Otherwise, I would buy the 1st one.

o.k thanks mate,

what does rpm stand for?

I have the argos laptop for uni and its a cracking piece of machinery, I've ran crysis on low and got decent fps, it's not a patch on my main PC's performance but it's still very good for a laptop.

If you can afford the extra then go for the amazon one, however the fact the motherboard isn't 7200 like the argos one will make any benefits you get minimal. However if you can afford the amazon one I'd go for that, since it is an upgrade on the argos one.

dont buy either acers are shat,I bought an aspire about this time last year and its knackered a good session on FM and the screen will be flickering like mad i've just bought a new desktop from Dell cus i could'nt bear to play the new FM on the piece of junk.

Did you ever drop the laptop?

Did you play FM all the time?

Did you tun the laptop off every few hours so that it didn`t get overheated?

I `m not accusing you of any of these.

dont buy either acers are shat,I bought an aspire about this time last year and its knackered a good session on FM and the screen will be flickering like mad i've just bought a new desktop from Dell cus i could'nt bear to play the new FM on the piece of junk.

If i'd have bought that less than a year ago and things like that happened, i would have taken it back to the store and rammed it somewhere where the sun doesn't shine..... unless they either fixed it or offered me a replacement or a refund! I most certainly wouldnt have gone out and wasted more money when im perfectly within my legal rights to request, at least, a repair!

If i'd have bought that less than a year ago and things like that happened, i would have taken it back to the store and rammed it somewhere where the sun doesn't shine..... unless they either fixed it or offered me a replacement or a refund! I most certainly wouldnt have gone out and wasted more money when im perfectly within my legal rights to request, at least, a repair!

Spot on mate, warranty or no warranty this should definitely not happen.

Remember though that even though both come with 4gb ram you will only have access to about 3.4gb because of the limitations of the 32bit operating system. If you want full access to all the ram then you'll have to install a 64 bit version of windows.

Well as I said I've got an acer and its fantastic, so has my friend, and he's had no issues with it either.

I've heard terrible things from Dell but when you sell millions of units some go wrong, and the unlucky few are more vocal than all the ones who it's fine for.

Acer/Dell it doesn't matter, they're good bits of kit and if they do go wrong it's quickly so you just take it back and get a new one.

I bought an Acer Aspire 5536 and that runs FM09 and the FM10 demo with no problems, quick, good graphics and smooth. I've had a few laptops before, and to be honest in my personal oppinion my current Acer is much better for everyday use over my equivelant macbook.

As has been said, its got a warranty - so any problems take it back and who ever you buy it from has to sort it out. :)

Archived