FM10 demo crashes on Mac

Never had this problem with previous editions. I am running on top spec Macbook pro so shouldnt be a problem.

Really annoying as i had forgot to set up autosave so wasted alot of time playing without saving.

Anyone else had same problem?

Yes, I've seen it as well. It has now happened twice on the Mac demo, and both times the demo crashed after I brought Agbonlahor. Both times the crash occurred when he scored. Just as the ball went in and the message started flashing at the bottom of the screen, the demo crashed on me. I run the demo on Windows 7 as well, and I've never had it happen there.

Happened again just now. Accidentaly clicked away the error message though. Annoyingly enough it was just as I put a third nail in Evertons coffin. :( I'll probably skip the Mac version and just play on Windows from now on.

Stop playing it on mac then, problem sorted.:D

Unfortunately I'm not made of money and I can't just go out and buy a PC for a free demo. It's getting way more frequent for me now, Ive just tried to play the same match four times, and it has crashed on me each time :(

Unfortunately I'm not made of money and I can't just go out and buy a PC for a free demo. It's getting way more frequent for me now, Ive just tried to play the same match four times, and it has crashed on me each time :(

I meant you could save up and get a new pc/laptop, like me i cant play fm so im waiting till january when i get my new laptop.

Happened again just now. Accidentaly clicked away the error message though. Annoyingly enough it was just as I put a third nail in Evertons coffin. :( I'll probably skip the Mac version and just play on Windows from now on.

Good idea about playing on windows. you should have no problems.

Just noticed on the Daily Mirror vanilla download that it's min req' is Leopard 10.5. It was only when I tried it from that source after repeatedly failing to start up in 10.4, that I noticed.

I'll be updating to 10.6 pretty soon, but it's not something I'd have bothered with otherwise.

All in match for me aswell, 5 times now. Not happened while winning for me but i have noticed that on 1 occasion it was as a goal went in and on another as the ball passed the keeper and was about to cross the line. and its just literrally happened for the 6th time as i write this. Please sort it out SI as i desperately don't want to go back to Windows.

I've forwarded two crash reports on to a staff member who's assured me they're being looked yet. If you guys would take the steps to forward the appropriate information instead of going "waiiiiiiiiin it broke" and not giving them anything to work with, maybe it'd get fixed. Simply sitting there crying isn't going to help.

@Neil Brock: All my crashes have occurred in match.

Happens on my macbook too. I thought my old laptop was the problem, so I got a new laptop with my higher spec and a better graphics card, and it's still doing the same. This happened to me frequently on FM09 too.

Thats the error message I got too. Always during a match.

• SI Staff

Those of you who are experiencing the crash during matches can we get a bit of info please? If you could post your machines specs and describe the circumstances (player taking a shot maybe etc) leading to the crash it would be great, it's an issue we're aware of but we struggle to get recreating so if we can try and work out what is causing it we'll be able to get it sorted, thanks :)

Just happened to me three times in succession, all when a long ball is played over the top of the opposition defense and my player is running clean through on goal. I can send the error report if it would help.

EDIT: Happened again, this time when a different player got round a defender on the wing and looked like he was about to cross it.

EDIT 2: And again. This time when opposition player is one-on-one with my keeper and the shot is on its way into the goal.

Just happened to me three times in succession, all when a long ball is played over the top of the opposition defense and my player is running clean through on goal. I can send the error report if it would help.

Same here. Henrry is running into a long ball which will give him a chance to one on one with keeper. Then it crashed. So sad...... I'm running FM10 demo on IMAC 24" early 09 model with 2.93GHz/4GB DDR3/GT130/OSX10.5.8

Hopefully, SI can fixed it, or have a quick-fixed, when FM10 been released at first place.

I've played the demo all the way thru twice now on my Mac and only during a game in my 3rd 1/2 season spell have I just got my first crash. It was in the middle of a match and it was as a player of mine was taking a shot from around the penalty spot. The ball was just about to be saved in the middle of the goal.

I'm playing on 10.5.8, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo desktop. Hope this info helps in some way.

I'm getting the same problem but at a different time. I've played 5 pre-season friendlies and when I try to start the 6th, it crashes out just before kick-off. I tried re-loading and cancelling the remaining friendlies, but it just crashed when I tried to start my first league game instead.

Note that this is at kick-off in a match (when loading the 3d match engine) and not when someone is about to score as mentioned above.

I'm using a new MacBook pro 17" with standard specs.

I'm getting the same problem but at a different time. I've played 5 pre-season friendlies and when I try to start the 6th, it crashes out just before kick-off. I tried re-loading and cancelling the remaining friendlies, but it just crashed when I tried to start my first league game instead.

Note that this is at kick-off in a match (when loading the 3d match engine) and not when someone is about to score as mentioned above.

I'm using a new MacBook pro 17" with standard specs.

I have a slightly older MacBook, but I'm having the same problem. The game/screen freezes when I go to load a match with the 3d engine. Works fine in 2d (how I generally watch) so not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to watch the big matches in 3d if I want to.

Those of you who are experiencing the crash during matches can we get a bit of info please? If you could post your machines specs and describe the circumstances (player taking a shot maybe etc) leading to the crash it would be great, it's an issue we're aware of but we struggle to get recreating so if we can try and work out what is causing it we'll be able to get it sorted, thanks :)

I posted in the Bugs forum, I'll dig up the link. Essentially it crasches sometimes when a player scores. In my case it just happened to occur three times when Agbonlahor scored. The crash occurs just as the commentary starts to flash.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

The exact same thing has happened with me, and other people from FMNorway who are using macs. When my team is attacking, while watching the attack in 3D, the screen freezes, and then the game will quit. It will come up a message like "We experienced an unexpectedly quit", or something like that. I am using FM 10, with the patch (10.1). I have a new MacBook Pro which has:

2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

I hope you can help me. I'm loving the new game, you've done a great job!

Thank's!

I have just finished My first season with man u and I have had two crashes. Both occured during a game egen being in the clear. I run a new iMac. The first time it crashed when I had a one nill lead away against Liverpool, of course I lost the game after reload. The second crash cost me 2 points in the title race. Without the crashes I would have won the leagye. Probably.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived