4 teams poll

Which team should I manage in FM 10?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which team should I manage in FM 10?

• Liverpool
    • West Ham
    • Newcastle
    • Middlesbrough
    • Other - please post

If you want a Premiership club Spurs are good enough to compete, but not good enough unless you are a good manager so Spurs are a challenging option.

If you are a bad loser, go for ManU, ManC or Chelsea.

If you want something difficult, Sunderland sound fun.

Can I just say to you, and all english players: Try to manage abroad :D

There are many fun leagues not located in Britain - Like Portugal, Poland, Russia, Romania etc.

But...if you want an english team, go for Southampton or QPR

out of those 4 I'd go with West Ham. Partly because they arent playing well IRL so there's a lot of room for improvement and the squad has a good foundation with the likes of Upson, Cole, Behrami, Parker etc

Everton and Spurs are the main 2 I'm considering and then Fiorentina/Villarreal/Marseille for my first foreign save.

It's hard not to try all these teams on the demo but I must resist so I have games to look forward to after full release!

Newcastle.

I'm perhaps biased, being a geordie, but I think this year they'll provide a massive and rewarding challenge. Their finances are screwed, as you'll see if you try them in the demo, so getting them competing at the top could be a very interesting project.

I know the Bundesliga isn't on the demo but when you get the full game (and its most likey you will going on my opinion on the demo) you should definately try the likes of HSV, Shalke, Dortmund or Wolfsburg.

On one hand its easy to get into Europe with the rest of league being so weak compared to the top 8 or so teams, but on the other its hard to topple Bayern's dominance especially when the AI control them. Plus Europe is very challenging for a German team, with the big three countries dominating, it always feels much better when you reach that European final.

Dortmund would especially be a good game, with a huge stadium but an underachieving sqaud in recent years, it would be good to get them back to their glory days of the mid 90's.

However, out of the four teams you have singled out, i would choose Sunderland. They have the financial security for the next couple years or so and a strike force of Bent and Jones can't be sniffed at.

Of those four they all have different challenges.

Liverpool to challenge for the Premier League. West Ham to be stable with very little backing. Middlesbrough and Newcastle to get back into the Premier League.

As i Liverpool fan i probably should say the obvious, but i won't; i would go for Middlesbrough.

go for either a lower end/Mid table prem team like Bolton, West Ham or Fulham. if not i'd reccomend going for a good team in the top end of the league (abroad) but still a challenge to win the title with. Fiorentina, Stuttgart, Marseille, Sevilla, Heerenveen.

or as someone has said Dortmund or Sunderland.

Archived