Have We ALREADY Got a Chance for a FM2010 RECORD?

9-0 against non-entities with Man U's almost-first team? Pah!

You get far bigger scorelines with lesser teams in other editions, and I have a 17-0 with Man City against some BSP team somewhere.

Fun when you get these, although it does perhaps highlight a problem throughout FM universe, namely the vast gap between top teams and those that are far lower down the pecking order (I don't want to say "rubbish" but yuo know what I mean). In real life, a top team like Man U gets to around 4-0 and backs off a little, partly not to look like bully-boys and partly to not risk injury. Perhaps there's also a lack of motivation there too. But whatever, it wasn't long ago that a Man U reserve team (still a few internationals mind you) had to bring Rooney on to beat a Doctor Martins League team (was it Cirencester?) 1-0. Not sure how a PC game can replicate that, though - morale boosted/dropped by huge amounts?

Whatever, 9-0 is pretty good, but I doubt it's a record that will stand for very long.

Nothing really special about the result, type of pre-season result that happens all the time, in preseason just gone Arsenal beat someone 10-2.

Though as for the “Cirencester?” match someone mentioned Manchester United do seem struggle playing none league sides away like the draw with Exeter City at St James Park, and the 0-0 draw with Burton Albion, when both sides were in the conference. Be nice to see results like that replicated in the game more often.

On a related note, can we have the records thread in this forum again this year? Its not a challenge, sign-up or experiment thread, but does have general discussion about FM in it, and might actually have more than 5 people posting in it (thereby making it more of a record thread and less of a few people comparing how they're doing).

On a related note, can we have the records thread in this forum again this year? Its not a challenge, sign-up or experiment thread, but does have general discussion about FM in it, and might actually have more than 5 people posting in it (thereby making it more of a record thread and less of a few people comparing how they're doing).

The record thread starting getting ridiculous, in my opinion.

We had people taking control of clubs, then taking control of England so that they could start a 15-year-old in order to get "Youngest International Player". Lot of cheating going on to get your name in bright lights.

Nothing really special about the result, type of pre-season result that happens all the time, in preseason just gone Arsenal beat someone 10-2.

Though as for the “Cirencester?” match someone mentioned Manchester United do seem struggle playing none league sides away like the draw with Exeter City at St James Park, and the 0-0 draw with Burton Albion, when both sides were in the conference. Be nice to see results like that replicated in the game more often.

I managed to draw with 1-1 against QPR whilst managing Dover Athletic. That good enough? Still a 4 division difference, and while QPR I think are doing well in the Championship in my save, I'm struggling in the bottom half of BSS.

Yes I agree. A general discussion of Records and screenshots would be good and then maybe an official list of the records to separate them. The FM09 records thread seemed pointless as you could not interact and talk about these records etc.

Hmmm.... I don't see why a scoreline like this is such a big deal in a friendly against a nobody team....

Now, if you want a competetive match against a half-decent team, however....

fulham_v_losc_lille_m_tropole_-png.png

I appreciate people uploading screenshots, but records have to be competitive matches like the one above and not friendlies! :) Nice score mate - 7 up after an hour - double figures were on the cards!!!

Yes I agree. A general discussion of Records and screenshots would be good and then maybe an official list of the records to separate them. The FM09 records thread seemed pointless as you could not interact and talk about these records etc.

There's nothing in there to say that you can't discuss the records, that is just the way people use it. It was exactly the same when it was in this forum a couple of years ago.

Moving it back here is a possibility, although it has been an awful lot easier to maintain where it is now (apart from all the data exhaustion error messages).

There's nothing in there to say that you can't discuss the records, that is just the way people use it. It was exactly the same when it was in this forum a couple of years ago.

Moving it back here is a possibility, although it has been an awful lot easier to maintain where it is now (apart from all the data exhaustion error messages).

Ok cheers dafuge. :)

highest scoring game for me was in the 2001/02 edition when i was Argentina manager against spain in the world cup quarter finals, i beat them 11-8 if i can recall correctly, partly due to spain being without casillas and canivarez with injury and i accidently put zanetti in goals. even more crazier is that i met SCOTLAND, YES SCOTLAND in the semi-final and they beat me in injury time with a last gasp Charlie Miller winner. ****in crazy but i was actually happy cos im scottish. they went on to lose 2-1 to brazil. charlie miller scored again in the final (btw charlie miller is some overweight ex-watford centre mid who only got 1 scotland cap IRL). yeh..thats why i love fm.

As an Exeter fan I would just like to point out that Exeter drew 0-0 at Old Trafford and not St. James' Park.

But these results will never be recreated in the game, as just like every football game they don't include random elements like a team really trying and players wanting to put in brilliant performances when the camaras are watching.

Althought it would be really nice to see every now and again.

As for 9-0 against Ross County that isnt a brilliant result.

I have seen bigger friendly results whilst playing the demo and I am sure that it wont be long till someone posts 14-0 result against another weaker team.

In FM08 I once lost 12-0 to Brazil with American Samoa. Resigned soon after to have moderate success with Ontinyent in Spain. Looking back, though, I should've stayed with ASA as losing only 12-0 to BRAZIL was a legendary result for a team that lost 31-0 to Australia.

Is 5 red cards with Man Utd before mid November something that can be considered a record?

Do you feel you have got too many red cards? Becasue there is an on going thread where someone is getting lots of red cards. Maybe take a look in the bugs forum if you feel it is an issue and see if it has been brought up. If you keep going the way you are by the end of the season you will have around 12 although you cannot work out these things matamatically. :)

Do you feel you have got too many red cards? Becasue there is an on going thread where someone is getting lots of red cards. Maybe take a look in the bugs forum if you feel it is an issue and see if it has been brought up. If you keep going the way you are by the end of the season you will have around 12 although you cannot work out these things matamatically. :)

Could be that there is to many, but all my red cards have been ok and I'm playing with hard tackling. Also since I posted I only received a few yellows so I guess I had a bit of bad luck.

playing as man city on the demo, up to 2nd january my boys have scored 73 league goals!!

I lost to man u 3-0 on opening day, immediately changed my tactics to 3-2-5, beat liverpool 5-2 and was off and running!!

I even stuck 7 past my beloved Tottenham.

Am expecting delivery of fm2010 today so will definately finish the season to see how many goals i can reach

Archived