The match stats toned down too much in FM2010!

I've noticed that the team passing completion procentage has been toned down this year, which is unrealistic. In previous FMs, Fabregas had an average passing completion of 85-90% per game just like IRL. Now in this demo he only has 71% after 15 games. Something's wrong. And an team hardly average a overall 75% pass completion per game.

I checked all my games and never had an overall passing completion >75% per game even though I played a short passing game and had players with passing stats of 17 and 18 in midfield, like Hamsik and Gareth Barry. I think it's a real issue. I also checked the other games played in my league and the passing completion stats were mostly in the 60-70% constantly for every team. Sometimes even reaching mid 50%s for the lower teams. Gareth Barry only had a passing completion percentage of 76% at the end of the demo.

And what's with the low tacklings/game per game ratio? I expected my defenders or the defensive midfielder to win 6 or 7 tackles per game but now no one can win 3 or 4 tackles/game regularly. Everything seems to be toned down too much in the match statistics, even the shots on target procentage.

Also, the distance covered for the players in every match has been drastically reduced. IRL, the average distance covered by a player in a full 90 minutes game is between 10-13 km. In FM2010 nobody seems to run more than 9 km per game with an average of 6-9 km.

I hope this will be adressed in the first patch. Please fix the match statistics like they were before!

How do Fabregas' attributes compare to last year?

Also - how have you set him up in your tactics? As for defenders - I personally don't want them making tackles. If they are having to make tackles, they're already in trouble imo - I want them making interceptions. If they do that, great - if not, then they've still got the chance to make the tackle.

Archived