Can we have a screenshot of the steam skin?

My belief is that of, SI are lying about this to get the section that arn't happy with the new interface to buy it then say that the supposed Steam Skin will not be happening.

I demand proof, until I get that I will not be buying.

Why the conspiracy theories are out already:thdn:

Don't think SI are that stupid tbh.

It's midnight on a saturday, do you really think the relevant SI people are up and at work? And anyway, releasing a screenshot is not a straightforward job, you need to get clearance for any licensed content that is displayed in it for example.

This is just my opinion :)

Firstly, its 11.58pm on a friday night. I think its unlikely anyone is going to be on the forums from SI and be able to post a screenshot for you now.

Secondly, the new interface is the interface that will be released in every copy of the game. The 09 skin is only an added extra. Because of this its unlikely to be highly advertised.

If you don't like the new interface that's fair enough, however just because you haven't seen a screenie of an addon skin doesn't automatically mean it isn't coming.

Please make it available for non-Steam users. There's no good reason not to.

Yes there is, they want to encourage people to use STEAM and activate their games.

Once this skin is released, someone will probably extract the skins.fmf file and make this available to everyone. If not, then skins will be made using the old layout anyway.

Yes there is, they want to encourage people to use STEAM and activate their games.

I know that's their aim but I think we disagree about it being a good reason.

Because it's not encouraging fairly. It's with-holding something fairly vital from those FM'ers who have expressed a desire for it, who have their own reasons for not wanting to use Steam.

It's fairly vital because some people (me included) are extremely put off by the new skin/interface, and will not buy the game unless we can use a different skin.

I know that SI are also doing an achievements thing for Steam-users, and that is fine. It's not vital in the least. And I have no complaints about that type of "encouragement".

Once this skin is released, someone will probably extract the skins.fmf file and make this available to everyone. If not, then skins will be made using the old layout anyway.

Thanks. I hope so too but SI should do it themselves on principle.

Archived