Adding graphics to FM09

Firstly I'd like to say that I know this should probably be in the Skinning Hideout but the forum is empty and I haven't been on the forums for months so don't know the reasons and don't want to do anything wrong so I've put it here. If it needs to be moved then I will do so.

Anyway. On with my questions.

I've changed Redditch to my own custom team. I've created the logo, kits etc. and now I need to know how to get them in the game.

I asked about 6 months ago how I made kits and I said in that 'I have created my logo and used the Action File to get it all ready.' but now I can't remember what I need to do with that. Like I said, it was 6 months ago so I don't know what I need to do.

I also don't what I need to do to get my 3D kits into FM09.

The name of my team is Hunslet Phoenix Stars, taken over Redditch. I don't know whether that is needed but it might help!

Thanks

BillyMysterio

You need to put them in your "user-data" file which is generally

My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics

You'd probably be better off creating a sub folder for each type

i.e Logos, Kits, Facepacks (If applicable)

From there put the graphics into thier respective folders.

Now you have to put in the Config files (which is the fun part).

I'd recommend this thread >> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=81592

that'll go through the config set-up for you and from there

put them in the required folders and then

open up the game, go to preferences>Display and sound

Make sure Skin Cache is unticked and reload on confirm is ticked.

Then it should work

WOW... that actually seems like alot of work when in writing... but it's really not

the Skinning Hideout definitly isn't 'empty'!

It was when I went on it yesterday. It only had the 'New War Child Single' topic.

It could well have been my computer but all the other sections of the forums worked fine so I thought it might be having maintainence done on it or being prepared for skins for FM10.

You need to put them in your "user-data" file which is generally

My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics

You'd probably be better off creating a sub folder for each type

i.e Logos, Kits, Facepacks (If applicable)

From there put the graphics into thier respective folders.

Now you have to put in the Config files (which is the fun part).

I'd recommend this thread >> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=81592

that'll go through the config set-up for you and from there

put them in the required folders and then

open up the game, go to preferences>Display and sound

Make sure Skin Cache is unticked and reload on confirm is ticked.

Then it should work

WOW... that actually seems like alot of work when in writing... but it's really not

I've gone through what you've said but I don't have a graphics folder in that location. Should I create one?

Also. I'm not sure if you'd know seeing as you've directed me to another thread but do you create separate config files for each graphic or do I just carry them on one after each other?

Thirdly, although, I'm going to post this question somewhere else as well, so if you don't know the answer don't worry (then again don't if you don't know any of the answers!!!)... Will the 3D kits that I have created work for the information screen or will I have to make new 2D kits, and if so how do I do so? (what dimensions etc.)

Archived