Lost 21-20 on penalties

I won the enhlish community by 15-14. They just wouldnt stop scoring lol.

Also seen a few other report high number of penalties to reach a result, so maybe this is somkething to look at?

It could happen, and it did happen to you. Now, if it was happening to everyone a lot of the time there would be a problem. But i would put money on this never happening to you again in the demo or the full game, and therefore, this isn't a problem.

I didn't think it was a problem, necessarily, so I didn't post it in the bugs forum. I thought it was worth a mention though in case it was happening to other people too.

I've seen a 9-8 shootout scoreline. Everyone scored except 3 that were saved. All 3 were weak shots straight down the middle and the keeper didn't move at all. Nobody missed the target at all, which I found quite surprising.

Can't comment if this is a bug or not as its the only shootout I've seen.

I'm not complaining because I lost but does this seem realistic? I know it could happen but it's incredibly unlikely. Ben Foster, my last penalty taker, took a penalty twice!

picture1vev.th.png

In 1988 a match between Argentinos Juniors and Racing Club finished 2-2. Argentinos Juniors won 20-19 on penalties (44 penalties taken in total) So in answer to your question it is realistic and can even happen irl. Fans get value for money. ;)

In 1988 a match between Argentinos Juniors and Racing Club finished 2-2. Argentinos Juniors won 20-19 on penalties (44 penalties taken in total) So in answer to your question it is realistic and can even happen irl. Fans get value for money. ;)

Yeah, and the manager has a heart attack.

Has happened irl. anyone remember england u21 v holland in u21 euros a few years ago. that went to something like 15 or so each. i think it could be quite realistic if it never happens again. indeed stranger things have happened

The celtic v dundee utd league cup semi final was a high scoring penalty shoot out to not as high as that but it went through 11 players each and bac to the begining again.So it will happen occasionally.

and Boruc scored a cracker ;)

also in the African Cup of Nations a few years ago there was some ridiculous amount of penalties during a shoot out in the latter stages of the competition (sorry for not knowing which game that was) so it does happen in real life

Archived