The Most important part of the game, the demo gives no insight into...

Is of course the question of long term playability which we cannot see from the demo in anyway so I am curious if there has been any press release or forum discussion on the ability for long term games balance and playability which has sadly been poor and lacking from pretty much every FM game to date bar maybe one (06-07 iirc).

Would much appreciate if someone could link me to any info regarding, the regen/newgen work of this years FM if there is any information out there, as it is okay to say yeah the demo looks great, can't wait to get the full game etc... but the fact of the matter is it has been difficult to play a long term game due to the weakness in this department from recent FMs and indeed the last real long term games for me were probably back in the days of 01-02 albeit I accept a different method was used in the calculation of players so keeping long term games balanced as could be hence why it was one of the greatest games of all time.

From poor physical stats to future top central defenders having 6 and 5 for jumping and strength along with bravery of 8 and determination of 9 to players who are all technical gods each FM has failed in this aspect of gameplay with even patches providing no relief from the problems of long term game playability and no doubt this year will be claimed as the best in this area just like every other claim from previous versions promising better regens/newgens I would like to feel reassured this year that this has been addressed sufficiently in maintaining a playable game many years down the line, I do not doubt that yes it may actually be accurate to claim this year that it is the most advanced and complete version of the game in this area but would like more information regarding it.

Every year I have bought the game from the championship manager days to last years version but ever year in the past 5 or 6 years I have given up on the game early only to have my hopes built up by patches which get the juices flowing only to be drained away a week later to find there has been no real improvement. This may sound like a moan but it is more me being inquisitive as to what I could be potentially buying this year, I may be asking for the perfect game but really I don't think it is that much to ask as imo it is one of the most important pieces of the game.

Yeah long post but meh.:)

Archived