Football Manager 2010 EDITOR

Right I hope that this time the Editor tool will be working.

because the 2009 editor had a problem which wasn't solved (or I couldn't find a solution). The problem with 2009 editor was that I couldn't load the modification I did. it was possible with 2008.

The reason why I use editor is to correct the data on african country and it's player. specially my country D.R. Congo and it's league as well as the national team players. I understand that SI don't have access to all info about it which is understandable.

So I have 2 question will editor 2010 work ths time?

and in case i missed a thread in the forum did anyone find out how to load& play the data made in the editor 2009?

AS I remember 2008 when u go to the main menu it has a window open up and ask you what data do you wana play the game. that's where you could choose to play the normal db or the one you did with editor

• 2 weeks later...

Check where the computer is saving your database edit to, it might be something as simple as moving it to a different folder. For Vista the folder path should be C(or name of hard-drive you're using):\Users\<user name>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\db

i have saved as a different name but still same problem it doesnt give the option to select a different db when starting a new game

When you click 'new game' a pop up box should appear. In the bottom right had corner of that pop up there shoud be a box marked 'change'. Select this and, when you continue, a page should appear with all your database add ons. Just select the ones you want to be included in the game.

I can find the editor no problem, however, once I click on the editor icon it comes up with this screen:

editor.th.jpg

I did completely remove the game then re-install it, but it has not rectified the issue. Just wondering if this has happend to anyone else and what to do to solve the problem.

Cheers.

I can find the editor no problem, however, once I click on the editor icon it comes up with this screen:

editor.th.jpg

I did completely remove the game then re-install it, but it has not rectified the issue. Just wondering if this has happend to anyone else and what to do to solve the problem.

Cheers.

Try running the editor in windowed mode, as this is the screen you're meant to get on the editor. It just looks like you haven't got the drop down buttons at the top.

I have gone into the Editor and made some changes and Saved As to the default folder which is named editor data.

I have reloaded up Fm2010 and clicked New Game and got the option to choose which database to use. There is only 1 to choose which is the default one. Underneath it says Editor Data Files........ 1 Enabled (1 in total). There is a box you can tick named Change but it dont do anything.

I looked at my save and its just a single xml file. I checked fm2009 db folder and it contains many .dat files too. Is this an error for the Editor which needs fixing ? Or have i done something wrong along the way?

No theres nothing wrong mrdeano just the way fm2010 is formatted in files. Mine does this also fm2010 doesnt allow u to create databases, just editor files. Which as seen from above, is easier because then u dont overwrite the real database. When updates cum such as steam automatic updates for fm2010 it will work :)

I have gone into the Editor and made some changes and Saved As to the default folder which is named editor data.

I have reloaded up Fm2010 and clicked New Game and got the option to choose which database to use. There is only 1 to choose which is the default one. Underneath it says Editor Data Files........ 1 Enabled (1 in total). There is a box you can tick named Change but it dont do anything.

I looked at my save and its just a single xml file. I checked fm2009 db folder and it contains many .dat files too. Is this an error for the Editor which needs fixing ? Or have i done something wrong along the way?

Checking the 'change' button does do something. When you check it and continue you should be taken to a screen where all your database add ons are shown. Just tick the ones you want to be included in the game.

Checking the 'change' button does do something. When you check it and continue you should be taken to a screen where all your database add ons are shown. Just tick the ones you want to be included in the game.

Thank you very much for that advice, i tried it and it works :)

Thanks again :thup:

Sorry for high jacking this thread,but it is about the editor.

Whenever I edit something with the editor and then save it after I exit it gives me a prompt saying that the editor has a problem and needs to close. Also it doesn't save what I have edited either. Is there any way I can sort this problem out?

Thanks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Sorry for high jacking this thread,but it is about the editor.

Whenever I edit something with the editor and then save it after I exit it gives me a prompt saying that the editor has a problem and needs to close. Also it doesn't save what I have edited either. Is there any way I can sort this problem out?

Thanks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Not sure about this, but why don't you check out the FM10 Editor FAQ:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158985

Not sure about this, but why don't you check out the FM10 Editor FAQ:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158985

Thank you for the reply,and the link. I'll have a read through it and see if I can there is any info about it.

Edit: I now know why the editor was having problems. I was saving the file in the wrong place.:rolleyes: Anyway I have another problem,when I go into FM10 and select new game I don't get any pop up's asking if I want to use the edited file.

I have read in the editors hideout that clearing my cache files might help this,so I'll have a go at that and see how it goes.

I have this problem and i'm not using steam this time around, I tried the traditional install, saved a new database and cannot find anywhere that allows me to select it.

When I first did the edit I thought you had to put it into the preference part as that has a change clicky on the bottom right of the page,you can click on where the saved files are but you can't get to your saved one. (I had a bit of a blonde moment.):rolleyes::D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also have the problem where the database screen does not pop up after clicking on New Game from the main page, and thus far I have not seen any suggestion as to the fix for that.

From what I can tell, this is preventing me from loading my editor data to be used with new games. If there is another way to load the editor data that does not need this pop up database screen, then by all means make it known. Not being able to add my editor data partially ruins this game for me, and makes me want to return it and stick with an older version.

Neil, I've been researching this and it looks like I may have stumbled across a fix for the problem I'm having at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159021

I suspect that I corrupted my config.xml file, and this may be preventing the initial database window from popping up when I start a new game. I'm going to follow the instructions on the above link. If it doesn't work, I'll try an uninstall, then follow those steps, and then a reinstall. I'm hopeful that this is going to work, because I've seen people say they followed these instructions and they still don't get the database window to pop up.

So why don't I get this pop-up for the choice of what database I want to use? I get the po-up about steam,but nothing other than that.

Thanks again for your help.:cool:

Bit late for this, but as I don't know whether you got the problem fixed I guess better late than never.

If the pop up box isn't appearing then delete your config file.

Followed the instructions of the link with the solutions to the problem and i still cant select to use my edited data.

When I go to start a new game nothing pops up on the bottome right hand side about selecting database.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Don't even want to play the game until i can get the proper players at my team

same here dont get the option to pick what database to use tried everything now realy getting on my wick why change things that worked perfect on the older games to this pile of cack sort it out for us who cant get it to work i loaded it via disc come on get it sorted its a joke:mad::thdn:

It is a bit of a nightmare to access the editor. I loaded via Steam last week and the editor worked fine a few days ago but now whenever I go to open it a white screen comes up with green at the top and "must respond" in the right hand corner.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have a solution, thanks.

I'm having the same problem as qos_75. I am currently running Windows 7 (64-bit). I've tried running it in windowed mode, but it doesn't help. I've run the 10.1 patch version and it works fine, it's just the 10.2 patch version that seems to be a problem. Anyone know any fixes to the problem? (btw I've tried reinstalling the 10.2 patch and it doesn't help)

i load the editor but the window doesnt open, so when i try and click the icon again it says that the editor is already running but its not showing except in task manager worked fine in 10.1 patch but doesnt want to play with the 10.2 patch any ideas would be appreciated

hey guys, n00b help, i downloaded from steam, tryed opening the editor & i get a error message, unable to locate component, d3dx9_41.dll wasnt found, any help would be great, cheers

got that sorted

quick one lads... your having problems with editor.... i cant find the bloody thing :S

useing steam HELP

this been posted further up, its in Steam Common files, u'll find it their i think :D

Hi everyone,

I found the editor, loaded the default database, edited what I wanted to edit and saved the file as 'config 1' (leaving the original 'config' file untouched).

Thereafter I started FM2010 and the start screen, clicked on 'new game' and duly checked 'change' at the bottom to access the edited database files. But as soon as the game started loading, it was abruptly ended with an application error message that says "a serious error was encountered and the application must be closed. An error file has been created in <game directory>. The error message as it turns out is a crash dump file.

Did I miss something? What was it that I did wrong?

I noticed when you click on 'file' on the menu bar, there is an option to 'merge editor data (database changes only). Do I need to click on that?

It is highly frustrating to create the changes only for a fatal error to surface.

A big thank you in advance for your helo.

Hi, recently got FM2010, I am running it on windows 7.

I have tried all the suggestions on this post and I am still unable to use editor data. There is no dialogue box givint the option to select a user data. I have reinstalled three times. i have saved the file as a different name. I have also downloaded the patch (which doesn't work).

I would appreciate any further suggestions,

Cheers.

Hi, recently got FM2010, I am running it on windows 7.

I have tried all the suggestions on this post and I am still unable to use editor data. There is no dialogue box givint the option to select a user data. I have reinstalled three times. i have saved the file as a different name. I have also downloaded the patch (which doesn't work).

I would appreciate any further suggestions,

Cheers.

Delete the config file and the pop up box that should appear when you click 'new game' should start appearing again. :thup:

Archived