Touchline Shouts?

I was just wondering which touchline shouts do you guys use the most and why?

I have been using some of them, but i don't quite get what each one means yet, trying to get the hang of it.

I usually use "Look for Overlap" and "Pass into Spaces" because i'm playing 4-1-3-2 with Inter, though i do use the others some times too, such as "Explicit the Wings" when i put on Quaresma and Balotelli.

I'm Arsenal at the moment and all I seem to be telling these fairies is:

Stay on Your Feet

Get Stuck In

Shoot On Sight

Obviously they are all the things arsenal are not used to, and its working a treat so far. Mr Wenger, watch and learn.

Can't say I use them too often during the first 80 minutes, but have found in the last 10 to be useful, if losing and needed a goal would use "pump ball into box" or "box overload" or if reverse and winning but only by one goal and withstanding heavy pressure would use "retain possesion". Both attacking/defending shouts for me worked really well and got the victories needed :)

All at the same time?

Yep all at the same time. Its what they need, Simplicity is wisdom. You cant play football if you are on the floor crying. And if an oppenent wacks you then you wack them back, and well just shoot. You will never score if you dont shoot.

Easy.

It seems a bit weird to use stay on your feet and get stuck in on at the same time. I'm pretty sure the game cancels conflicting orders like this automatically, are you sure about having both of these on?

Edit:

The following pairs are incompatible and will cancel each out if one is selected.

i.e. select either of the pair, and the other one will be removed.

Retain Possession and Get Ball Forward

Pass Into Space and Pass To Feet

Pump Ball Into Box and Clear Ball To Flanks

Shoot On Sight and Work Ball Into Box

Exploit The Flanks and Exploit The Middle

Exploit The Flanks and Look For Overlap

Exploit The Flanks and Take A Breather

Exploit The Middle and Look For Overlap

Exploit The Middle and Take A Breather

Look For Overlap and Take A Breather

Take A Breather and Get Ball Forward

Take A Breather and Hassle Opponents

Play Wider and Play Narrower

Push Higher Up and Drop Deeper

Hassle Opponents and Stand-Off Opponents

Get Stuck In and Stay On Feet

Play Even Safer and Take More Risks

Yep all at the same time. Its what they need, Simplicity is wisdom. You cant play football if you are on the floor crying. And if an oppenent wacks you then you wack them back, and well just shoot. You will never score if you dont shoot.

Easy.

Wisdom, indeed.

FML has these "styles of play" were you select one option and the game activates several shouts to create a style of play. Unfortunately this didn't make it's way into FM 10. It certainly is worth having a look at only if to spark some inspiration.

1. Defensive Styles of play.

---------------------------

1.1 Play Cautiously - Play Cautiously aims for a safety first approach to defending with sustained

pressure on the defence punctiated by long clearances.

Shouts:

• Clear ball to flanks
  • Stay on feet
  • Drop deeper

1.2 Compress Play - Compress play aims to compress the available space to restrict the ability of the opposition to

fashion goalscoring chances.

Shouts:

• Play narrower
  • Push higher up
  • Hassle opponents

1.3 Frustrate Opposition - Frustrate opposition aims to keep possession of the ball and takes the approach that without the

ball the opposition cannot score.

Shouts:

• Retain possession
  • Pass to feet
  • Drop deeper

2. Offensive Styles of play.

---------------------------

2.1 Dominate Midfield - Dominate midfield aims to win the midfield battle and build a platform upon which to dominate and

create goalscoring chances.

Shouts:

• Look for overlap
  • Pass to feet
  • Get stuck in
  • Hassle opponents

2.2 Ball over top - Ball over the top aims to bypass the midfield with long balls that immediately put the opposition defence

under pressure.

Shouts:

• Exploit the middle
  • Push higher up
  • Play narrower
  • Pump ball into box
  • Shoot on sight

2.3 Get round back - Get round the back aims to draw the opposition in, get behind the defence and create goalscoring chances

from the flanks.

Shouts:

• Play wider
  • Drop deeper
  • Exploit the flanks
  • Get ball forward
  • Pass into space
  • Work ball into box

Archived