What do you do with your youngsters?

Which way do you think is the best to imroving your young players?

Do you keep them at your team and have them tutored etc with top coaches and training facilities, but only play then in a handful of games?

Loan them out to a team who'll play them all the time no matter what the training facilities?

Loan them out where they may only provide cover but there's ecxcellent training facilities?

Other?

Be good to see how different people do this.

Which way do you think is the best to imroving your young players?

Do you keep them at your team and have them tutored etc with top coaches and training facilities, but only play then in a handful of games?

Loan them out to a team who'll play them all the time no matter what the training facilities?

Loan them out where they may only provide cover but there's ecxcellent training facilities?

Other?

Be good to see how different people do this.

if the guy is like 18-20 and has potential to be amazing i keep him at my club (arsenal) as great training facilities. get him a tutor, play him reserves and bring him on as sub in games im winning easily. this way you can DRAMATICALLY improve stats. its all about game time.

if he is younger i may loan him out. however i rarely see massive imporvements from them after loans. also i dont like to rush so i tend now to star anyone under 18....more can go wrong than right.

Doesn't it make more sense to loan them when they are older?

You can grow their technical stats at your great training facility and then we those have peaked loan them out for lots of first team action to help their mental stats, which can only be improved from playing games.

I'm not sure if that is the "correct" way to handle them.

once they get 15's/16's in key stats they get a season on loan before playing the small team games.

unless you lose 2 start strikers and your regen with Finishing 18, Composure 16, Pace 16, Jumping 18 and Fiest Touch 17 ends up being top scorer in the league =D

If I have the chance, I will keep them at my club but only if I can give them games but most of the time otherwise I loan them out to the highest club I can, as long as they play him alot.

A quick trick that I use, although it's risky if you have no real quality in your squad: Loan out most of your no-hoper Reserves (ones that will clearly never make it any time soon) to feeder clubs around the world (the current one of mine is Maccabi Hafia) so that your youngsters play in both their Youth and Reserves fixtures. If your Reserves have no fixtures, arrange some with rubbish clubs. Keep a few behind, such as your goalkeepers, so that you don't tire out your Youths that much. It ensures that your best youngsters play nearly 60-70 games per season if they also make it into your weaker squads, and the best ones develop quickly. I have 3 players with current ability around 130 - at 17, which means they are very likely to become very good players.

The drawback is that you don't get a Reserves team to draw your emergency players form and conversely you need a large squad but not too big. However, with this, your youngsters develop a lot faster. They also tire a lot faster, too - consider giving them 2 weeks break every 2 months or something. I've had youngsters like Lulinha end the season with a jadedness value of 400 and it's high enough to ensure that their jadedness never becomes negative even after the season break.

Archived