! Please select another location to extract the installer to: !

Copy it FROM your memory stick to a folder on your laptop. (Best if you create a folder on the c:\ first - call it CM demo or similar).

Then double click the installer.

And whilst you're at it - if your PC hasn't been connected to the internet then you almost certainly won't have an up-to-date version of Dirext X 9.0c. If it requires installation at the end of installing the game, then it will fail and you won't be able to run the game (as it tries to download said DirectX update from t'internet).

Your best bet is to go to the Microsoft website and search for the Aug 2009 Direct X 9 redistributable version (which is the whole version. Not complicated at all. Download it to your memory stick, copy it to another newly created folder - maybe called DirectX2009 - on the laptop, then double click on the icon to extract the files to the folder you are in. Once you've done that, there's an installation .exe file in your folder. Doubleclick that to install fresh, exciting new Direct X.)

Linkage:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553

Addendum: Newer versions of Direct X MAY cause hardware conflicts and cause existing games to not work. Unfortunately if you want to play FM2010 that's the risk you've got to run. At least you may not have to do the 1GB .net framework download I needed to do to get FM2009 running

Having the same problem. I have created a folder on my desktop and I get the same message wherever I try to open the file.

You don't have enough hard disk space on the drive you saved the file to. Just select another drive when it asks you to.

Having the same problem. I have created a folder on my desktop and I get the same message wherever I try to open the file.

Odd. Worked OK for me. Maybe it's one of those 'bugs' I've heard about.

Firstly: What version of Windows are you running? Do you have administrative priveleges for your account?

Secondly, try copying the extractor to a newly created folder on the c:\ drive (I have a special temporary folder I've created for all my downloads). I'm running XP home and it installed fine from there on my PC, following that technique. Until my run-in with the Direct X installer :mad:

Nope still won't bloody work. Aaaaargh!!!!

Then I'm afraid I've reached the limit of my vast PC knowledge. The best I can do is to copy this hint from the Demo FAQ:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153770

My PC won't let me install the game

If you are having trouble installing the game please make sure you are on an Administrator account for your PC. If it is failing on an administrator account it would be worth creating a completely new account and trying again.

The above error is usually caused by a corrupt download. Delete the installer and try re-downloading it. Then try to install again.

Delightful, that will be the third one I need to download? First one installed on Win 7 64bit, then, decided crashing non-stop was a good idea, then, after uninstall and trying to reinstall with the very same one that previously installed... the message these guys got. No matter where. I have 2 TB in total, xp pro 32bit and win 7 64, and, same error everywhere.

How disappointing, hopefully they sort that out in the next 2 weeks before the game comes out

Archived