Pre match advice meeting - wtf!

I was really looking forward to this feature. But....

The only advice I get is from my Fitness Coach (!), cant select anyone else it seems, and every thing he says the Ass Man totally disagrees with - not even 1 point of agreement. It is like Monty Python sketch and I end up with no usefull advice. Bythe way, both have low Jp, Jpt & Tactical knowledge. A bug?, or am I "doing it wrong"?

I'd say if they both have low attributes in the most important areas, it's realistic that they would disagree/get it wrong. Having poor staff is just another challenge for the manager.

BUT - if you look at the advice and compare it to the match and use your own knowledge of football/FM it can still be helpful.

I have high tactical knowledge on my ass man but not my fitness coach. Also, my advance scout is okay. However, I often go against their advice, like closing down Christiano Ronaldo or hard-tackling opposition CBs when my STs have high aggression.

A bit tougher if you have poor attributes in there, but I'd say it's more realistic than having them agree on everything.

I'd say if they both have low attributes in the most important areas, it's realistic that they would disagree/get it wrong. Having poor staff is just another challenge for the manager.

BUT - if you look at the advice and compare it to the match and use your own knowledge of football/FM it can still be helpful.

I have high tactical knowledge on my ass man but not my fitness coach. Also, my advance scout is okay. However, I often go against their advice, like closing down Christiano Ronaldo or hard-tackling opposition CBs when my STs have high aggression.

A bit tougher if you have poor attributes in there, but I'd say it's more realistic than having them agree on everything.

Not sure I agree that total disagreement among advisors is such a good thing, would be less annoying if I could choose who gives me advice. Just seems like a useful feature that is almost useless - shame, especially as the Next Opposition Scouting report seem less in-depth than in FM09, presumably due to this extra "feature" being there to flesh out the scouted info - but as I said it sems pretty useless "additional advice". Really does seem like a bug / unfinished feature. Maybe need the option for a scout to scout the team for more than one match. Will try a 2nd scout doing the same routine, see what happens!

Archived