System 3d rating??

Couldn't see a thread about this but not been on here since thursday so apologies if this has already been asked.

So what do you have to have in your machine to get a 5 star 3d rating?

My system is as follows:

1GB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT220 graphics card

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Q8300 Processor

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2

This only gives me a 2.5 star rating.

What are you running and what's your 3d rating?

Any way you can improve the 3d rating???

very annoying i get 3 stars:

3ghz due core

xp pro

nivda gx8600 force 1 gb ram

2 gb ram

i can run games like cyrsis and far cry 2 top graphics so totaly confused about how si are saying my system basicly sucks for the 3d match engine in fm 2010 :( not impressed so far

My 3d rating is 2 stars, and I run the game in 1680x1050 fullscreen with graphic details on maximum (also 8x anti-aliasing on). And the 3d performance is completely smooth, so I don't really know what good it would do to have more than 2 stars :)

My system:

AMD Phenom 8450 X3 2.1GHz

4 Gb RAM (DDR2 I think)

ATI Radeon HD3650

Core2duo

2.33 Ghz

4GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

3.5 Gold Stars.

I will wait until I have Windows7 next week to see if it makes a difference and will report back.

It seems it could be judging the age of your GPU rather than it's performance.

Darkson01 has an 8600 which is still a decent card and wolfie a 9600, again still better than average. They are both at least a few years old though.

I've just upgraded my 9600 for a 1gb 4890 so no problems here with the five stars as it's a new card.

Has there been any official line on the 3d rating?

Ive seen a comment in another thread somewhere from SI saying its a known issue. My laptop goes from zero stars to one star all the time but i can run 3d on full settings no problem which you would think would mean 5 stars!!

I dont think its working properly, seems pretty random

It seems it could be judging the age of your GPU rather than it's performance.

Darkson01 has an 8600 which is still a decent card and wolfie a 9600, again still better than average. They are both at least a few years old though.

I've just upgraded my 9600 for a 1gb 4890 so no problems here with the five stars as it's a new card.

My card is pretty new too:

1GB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT220 graphics card

All drivers up to date but still only 2.5 stars.

very annoying i get 3 stars:

3ghz due core

xp pro

nivda gx8600 force 1 gb ram

2 gb ram

i can run games like cyrsis and far cry 2 top graphics so totaly confused about how si are saying my system basicly sucks for the 3d match engine in fm 2010 :( not impressed so far

the 8600 can not run crysis or farcry at high graphs, maybe medium. Only way you'd get high is at 640x400

For a simple looking 3d engine? Its not like its running with world class visuals so that card should be more than fine

oh, most definately.

i didnt really think about it, but it would make sense for fm10 judge the cards on their performance solely for fm10.

my bad.

For all of these I need to know which are laptops and which are Desktops - as much information as possible so we can find the root cause of this issue. Please let me know, thanks.

I'm getting 5 stars on my laptop which has:

CPU: AMD Turion X2 Ultra DualCore Mobile 2.40GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon HD3200

3GB RAM

But only 4.5 on my desktop which has:

CPU: 2 x Intel P4 Xeon 3.0GHz (w/HT)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD3850

4GB RAM

BUT, it runs much faster (both the game in general and the 3d match view) on the desktop than the laptop..

On a kind of related note, how can I check whether auto select is picking high, medium or low??

Also how can I tell if high detail is running ok? I guess just the fact there isn't any judder and the pitch pans around smoothly?

low detail = circles for shadows

medium detail = dynamic shadows from players

high detail = dynamic shadows from players with fullscreen antialiasing

The 3d stars relate to some internal benchmarking that fm does each time the game is started.

For 1.5 seconds it tries to render as many triangles as possible. This triangle count is what we call 'fillrate score'. We do not manipulate this value.

We then use this fillrate score to calculate the star system.

However, as the graphical needs of FM are not so high, I have changed the way the star system is calculated. For the next build it will be more related to FM's requirements and not simply an out and out test of gfx card peformance.

I got 0.5 stars. My brothers who use an older MacBook Pro and a MacBook get 5 stars. Unfair.

They run OS X 10.5 and i got 10.6. Could this be a problem. I hope this get sorted out.

Brand new MacBook Pro (laptop)

OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard)

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

For all of these I need to know which are laptops and which are Desktops - as much information as possible so we can find the root cause of this issue. Please let me know, thanks.

I'm using a desktop. My specs are in my post above. I've got windows 7 but haven't installed it yet. I am planning on waiting for the release of the full game before installing it.

Archived