Have you ever used the editor to put yourself in the game?

I did this during 09, used to make myself a mediocre player and play for me hometown team (Scottish Premier League Team), but always gave me the potential to be a top class player (usually PA (190-200)).

Was interesting seeing how many times i was left at my club and how may times i went on to big things, think only once i moved to Spurs and went on to big things in the EPL.

I did it for fun at first but, was wondering if anyone else did the same and how things turned out.

Yeah I've done it quite often. I like to make myself into a young up-and-coming midfielder in the Liverpool youth team.

I make sure I am utterly devoted to the reds, and I also add myself onto the club and chairman's favoured personnel lists so I never get sold. Give myself excellent influence so I'm the future Liverpool captain. Then I sit back and smile at the screen.

xsmugx :cool:

Every game without fail, add my mates and my brother also. I like to see where they all end up, of course i stay at Leeds throughout. I've had quite alot of success while doing it for my player at least, FM09 (which i'm still playing) i've helped Leeds into a long running 3 way battle for the premiership with Man City and Arsenal as well as a couple of champions league titles, on the verge of a 4th world player of the year award also but it takes a while to get everything just right. I'd like to be able to add pictures or at least have the virtual faces like regenerated players have but i'm not sure if the new one will have that function within the data editor.

yeah sometimes i create a new 'wonderkid' player...not me exactly but the sort of player that i would have ideally like to have been. Makes it really fun to get that player to the club i'm managing and nurture him into a superstar!

Yeah I did it last year, all stats maxed out, 16 years old, unattached. Let the game run for about 20 years.

Ended up being a Manchester United (bah) legend and their record highest appearance and most goals scored. Was also England's most capped and highest goalscorer.

He was still playing every game at that age and I suspect he would have been playing well into his forties.

I used to do this. What i usually did was "replace" a player of the club with myself (ie selling that player). I kind of enjoy the RPG aspect of it.

however since i started using user updated DB's for realism i haven't done that anymore

Only in one of my non-too-serious games. I was the best 16 year-old DMC (I'm actually 34) with a PA of 198 at Leeds United... who'd just been taken over by a Man City style billionnaire. Of course, I got bored of the save three seasons in without coming to full maturity, although "I" did win L2 Young Player of the Year in "my" first season on loan. I had hoped to see "me" lead Leeds to glory year after year and eventually England too, but it wasn't to be.

Yeah I did it on 09 with me and a couple of mates. Similar to you, I put us all to the same CA and PA but threw in injury stat to the mix to see how the randomness would hit. I think we all eventually made the premier after several seasons but only one made it big, the other mediocre and I was the injury hit one :D

No I haven't but I have a friend who always put themselves in the game with PA:200 CA:200.

Personally I think it's a bit sad to put yourself in.

I find it stupid when people do that. Make themselves a top class player at the start and have their overall potential top rated too.

When I do it I'm a little more realistic 16yrs old CA:80-90 PA:-8 or -9 (never -10 as thats just like setting it to 200.

yea i do it all the time! i put my self at man utd along with my friend who is already in the game at lisburn distillery i made us both 200 potential with average current stats now we compete yearly for the prem golden boot and player of the year awards i play left wing hes on the right we have brought Northern ireland to the euro champs and world cup getting past the group stages in both only to be knocked out by france and brazil in the first knock out rounds!

editor rules!!!!! wish the fm10 demo had it!!

Archived