um what the heck just happened

joe hart kicks the ball forward after a pass to the back...he then decides to fall over injured....sunderland counter and its a 1 on 1 with the keeper still laying there. then the commentary says malbranque kicks the ball out of play....which is apparently inside the 6 yard box. everyone stops. then malbranque kicks the ball into the empty net...goal.

um...what?

same thing happened to me in a game with Celtic I think but the attacker actually did manage to put the ball into touch. It was very worrying though seeing the keeper just collapse to the ground after making an easy clearance

That sounds pretty funny, perhaps he miss kicked it when he was putting it out of play and it went in.

On a side note was the Robert Green one for England (B) against Belarus before the last world cup. I remember the Belarus player getting the ball then blasting it into the net scoring. Then he kind of frozen when he reliased the keeper was down on the floor, not sure who was in net for England though.

Sounds like a bug. Sounds like the kick-out-of-play instruction wasn't executed, then the game reverted back to normal and the player automatically goes for goal. Would have been funnier if he tried but blasted it over.

Archived