SPL Post Split

Im playing as rangers in the SPL

and i have noticed a severe Goof up...

As me and celtic are in the top 6 we play each other in the SPL championship group...

The 1st old firm game as at Home (Ibrox)

The 2nd Away (Parkhead)

3rd Home again

So the way it should work is the 4th (post split) is at Parkhead

But the 4th one is at Ibrox...

Why oh Why???

Not that im complaining as home advantage could seal the championship for me

I dunno how to take screen shots or i could post them..

It doesn't always work with 2 home 2 away post split.

There's been occasions in the past (in real life) where Rangers have played Aberdeen away 3 times in a league season and we've played Celtic away 3 times during the season. It's only because FM doesn't include the SPL Old Firm bias that it's happened, no issue with the game at all.

Apologies for being patronising; however this is the case in real life. The only reason it is stipulated in real life that each play home and away twice, is basically a gentlemans agreement between the clubs. This therefore ensures they both get 2 old firm gates each and make substantial profit from from tv etc. Naturally in the game they must use the same random selection procedure as they do in the league; 6 teams go into a pot, 1st three out get 3 home and 2 away games; next three out vice versa.

Apologies for being patronising; however this is the case in real life. The only reason it is stipulated in real life that each play home and away twice, is basically a gentlemans agreement between the clubs. This therefore ensures they both get 2 old firm gates each and make substantial profit from from tv etc. Naturally in the game they must use the same random selection procedure as they do in the league; 6 teams go into a pot, 1st three out get 3 home and 2 away games; next three out vice versa.

That's not the way it works mate.

The teams are seeded prior to the season starting based on last seasons standings. So this season for example if the split gives the same top 6 then every team will play 19 home and 19 away games. It's only if someone breaks into the top 6 when trouble occcurs.

Even then, it's then the lower seeds who get short shrift. So the 6th team from the season before is likely to play 18 home and 20 away.

This means that the perennial top 2 will always have 19 home and away each and more importantly always play each other twice at each other's stadiums.

Disappointed if this isn't fixed. If there was a rule like this in the EPL it would be, that's for sure.

Archived