demo injury bug???

been playing the demo for a while know and have noticed there seems to be a lot of injuries like, the FM09 demo and v9.0.1, the number of injuries needs to be reduced for the final release. anyone else experiencing this

I've played around 20 games including friendlies and I haven't had many injuries. A couple of people have had relative minor injuries that have kept them out for a week to two weeks tops, and one player has suffered minor things like a bruised shin, facial injury and gashed arm. I haven't set up any training schedules either, so it's not like I'm trying to keep them at maximum fitness (as I'm merely toying with the demo). So no, I can't say it's been a problem for me.

The injuries people get just depends on the game and how it is sim'ed. Regardless if the injuries are sorted out, some people will get more injuries than others by luck (or no luck) of the draw. IRL some squads are decimated by injury, it's just the way it goes im afraid, and it's replicated by FM as well.

I haven't had more injuries than I expected, but when one of my players got injured in a pre-season game and came back after about a week the message telling me that he had returned claimed he had been out for 13 months.

I've played through and I have to say the frequency of injuries this year (at least on my saves) is quite realistic

My rule of thumb is if they are still below 85% before the match on match day they are dropped to the subs (unless I'm desperate) and the only frequent injuries I get are 1 - 5 day injuries (that don't need substitutions) which are totally proportionate to the real game.

Obviously I also get the odd "big" injury (Ian Joyce - 5 months - torn something...) but nothing I wouldn't expect to see in real football

There have been a couple of people saying this, but I think it's either bad luck or you are making them work too hard during pre-season matches (or possibly in training). I've played with Leeds, Chelsea and Madrid and not had any issues.

My pre-season:

First two matches, no one players more than 45 mins.

Next couple, sub off anyone below 70%

High-ish aerobic training, low-mid strength, mid-high ball control and tactics, low-mid on everything else.

Then a couple of weeks before the official kick off I set them their individual regimes.

Have a go. Good luck.

1 week injuries are very common IRL - usually players will play through those injuries.

If an orange injury is over about 85% I'd still consider playing the player (depending on the type of injury of course).

No "bug" for me this time around. So far I've only had a few injuries and they haven't been many or for a long period of time. It seems fine for me anyway, only long term I've had so far is Wilshere out for 4 months while with England u19. Other than that only had a minor amount of days/weeks.

Archived