Demo Nightmare!

Im having an absolute nightmare trying to download the new demo. I have tried to download it off every website SI have given on the sticky thread, but none work

firstly, the vanilla demo off the mirror website downloaded at first, but i had selected SAVE and not RUN. So when i went into my downloads in my computer, there was a thing saying fm demo vanilla setup, with the white page symbol next to it. Once i clicked this it gave me a few options for what to open it with but they were things like word and notebook, so it obviously wasnt the actual game. So i went back on the website intending to download it again but selecting RUN instead of SAVE. However the RUN option was not there, but a FIND option was. i selected this and it said it was redirecting me to a file extension (or something like that). Then a blank tab appeared and nothing happened. Now i cant download it again from the mirror cos there is no point in selecting the SAVE option as the same thing will happen again!

The bit torrent downloads have a approximated time for over 100 hours at 0.5 kb/s so that is out of the question!

So i downloaded and installed steam on my laptop, but now whenever i try to open it nothing happens?? i have tried running it as administrator but still nothing happens! When i try to download steam again it says it cant as it is already open - even though it isnt!

Amongst all this i found a fm demo application (not sure it was the actual game because it didnt have the logo next to it) in My Downloads (Not sure how it got there! think it may have come with the mirror download but only appeared later?) When i selected this a black box appeared in the screen for a couple of seconds and then disapeared?

Lastly the other downloads just take too long even though i have a fast internet and a good laptop.

As you can see i am quite stuck! any advice on how to download the demo quickly and actually get it to work! especially by using the mirror or steam as they are the only ones that have actually downloaded onto my laptop

PLEASE HELP!

ok new problem - i deleted the fm demo dsetup download from my computer because i thought the FIND option meant it was finding something on my computer. I thought that if i deleted everything the RUN option would come back. So now i have to download it again using the SAVE option, so i can try your suggestion about adding .exe to the end However when i try to download it a new tab appears saying the webpage could not be found and - http 400 bad request??

i have managed to start downloading it again now but it will take a whil because my internet has suddenly decided to start messing up and going slow. So it better work ! :)

Good for you. I'm on my third obsessive and frustrating day trying to download the demo. Connection are really slow out here; Steams been running 3 days now and has downloaded 20% so far. Torrent 10%. Rapidshare gave me the first 4 of 11 files then kept downloading partial files. I did download the demo 4 times (after waiting c 6 hours for each) but twice I got your "a black box appeared in the screen for a couple of seconds and then disappeared?" And twice the file asked for a password. I'm tearing my hair out here.

Archived