Game evolves completely different depending if I play it online or offline!

Ok, I've done the same test over and over again, about 6-8 times playing lots of matches... but the result is ALWAYS the same.

I have a multiplayer (online) game that I play with a friend. Sometimes, when he's not online, I like to play a bit forward myself alone (without saving the game, or saving it in a different file).

The thing is, when I play alone, things go great for me. But when we pick up the multiplayer game where we left it... it ALWAYS goes crap for me!

I use the same players, the exact same tactis, even team talks... the same everything! The AI keeps using the same tactics (and same manager) than he uses too... but anyway we don't even play against each other so it shouldn't really have an effect?

It goes like this:

I load the game alone and play, say, 10 matches. I win most of them, things go great, I jump to the 2nd place of the table, etc.

Then we load it at that same point to play it online. I use the exact same tactics, players, etc. and so does him... and then I lose most of the matches and after thos 10 matches I'm stuck at the 10th position!

And guess what... it even affects signings! More than once it has happened to me, when I have offered a contract to a player who has more offers by other teams, and then we save the game. I load and play alone (just pressing 'continue') and eventually that player signs for my team. I load again and repeat the process about 4 or 5 times, and the player ALWAYS signs for me.

However, when we re-load the game and he logs in online... we press continue and the player signs for one of the other teams! lol

I want to emphasize that this is not an isolated situation, it's not a matter of the 'randomness' of the game. I've done several serious tests, through several in-game years (from 2008 to 2014), keeping the same exact settings for both teams (as far as you can control them) and it's always the same!

Why does the game behave so dramatically different when the only thing that changes is a manager of a remote team being human or not??

It's so ridiculous that, if we go and play online those 10 matches I said above, they will go absolutely crap for me. But if we play, say, 5 matches online, they go crap, and then I play the other 5 matches alone... those last 5 macthes will be great for me too!! lol

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm about to go crazy icon_frown.gif

Ok, I've done the same test over and over again, about 6-8 times playing lots of matches... but the result is ALWAYS the same.

I have a multiplayer (online) game that I play with a friend. Sometimes, when he's not online, I like to play a bit forward myself alone (without saving the game, or saving it in a different file).

The thing is, when I play alone, things go great for me. But when we pick up the multiplayer game where we left it... it ALWAYS goes crap for me!

I use the same players, the exact same tactis, even team talks... the same everything! The AI keeps using the same tactics (and same manager) than he uses too... but anyway we don't even play against each other so it shouldn't really have an effect?

It goes like this:

I load the game alone and play, say, 10 matches. I win most of them, things go great, I jump to the 2nd place of the table, etc.

Then we load it at that same point to play it online. I use the exact same tactics, players, etc. and so does him... and then I lose most of the matches and after thos 10 matches I'm stuck at the 10th position!

And guess what... it even affects signings! More than once it has happened to me, when I have offered a contract to a player who has more offers by other teams, and then we save the game. I load and play alone (just pressing 'continue') and eventually that player signs for my team. I load again and repeat the process about 4 or 5 times, and the player ALWAYS signs for me.

However, when we re-load the game and he logs in online... we press continue and the player signs for one of the other teams! lol

I want to emphasize that this is not an isolated situation, it's not a matter of the 'randomness' of the game. I've done several serious tests, through several in-game years (from 2008 to 2014), keeping the same exact settings for both teams (as far as you can control them) and it's always the same!

Why does the game behave so dramatically different when the only thing that changes is a manager of a remote team being human or not??

It's so ridiculous that, if we go and play online those 10 matches I said above, they will go absolutely crap for me. But if we play, say, 5 matches online, they go crap, and then I play the other 5 matches alone... those last 5 macthes will be great for me too!! lol

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm about to go crazy icon_frown.gif

you keep using 'lol'

its making me think your joking

i cant believe fm could be so biased against you when your friend is there.

but to be honest the amount of unusual things that bug me in this game siezes to amaze me

could be bad luck

a bug

or if you actually are reloading the game and the same thing is happening then the game is probably fixed

I'm not joking, really...

I'm not saying it's biased against me when my friend is there, I'm only saying there must be 'something' that makes things go wrong, some kind of weird variable that gets really high (or really low) only with another human manager playing, I don't know.

Ackter, I though it was coincidence during a couple of full seasons. Then I started making serious tests and I realized it's no coincidence at all. After 7 seasons, I can firmly say that it's as solid as 1 + 1 = 2 (at least in our game).

We've been playing now for 6 more matches: I only won one, against the 21th team in the division (just by one goal), lost 4, 1 draw.

He left the game, I reloaded from the beginning and played all those 6 matches, won all of them but one (draw). And the fact is that I do have a squad good enough to win those matches, maybe I could have some trouble in a couple of them, but it would require really bad luck (or awful tactics) to lose 5 out of those 6. And the tactics are working wonders creating lots of good chances. Just the ball doesn't go in when I play online, but only when I play alone.

My best striker is a 4M valued player (in Spanish Second division) who is awesome, rarely goes below 15 in attacking stats, with a good 18 in heading, 15 finishing, 14 long shots, 15 off the ball, 15 composure, 14 anticipation, 18 jumping, 15 acceleration and 15 pace. He's the third max scorer in the league, however when I play with my friend he only scores when I'm more than 1 goal down! i.e.: he misses lots of really easy chances until I'm 2-0 down, and then he scores the 2-1 in an impossible way, getting him a great score despite of my team losing the game.

However if I reload the game and play alone, he starts scoring most of those easy chances that he gets (which is what you would expect from such a quality player), and my team quickly goes up in the table, and he manages to be the top scorer and best rated player in the league in no time.

I've done this so many times, and it ALWAYS happens. It's completely absurd, I know, and I'm not really complaining as I don't care that much, but I'm rather trying to report it as a bug or something like that. Some kind of excessive influence onto 'something' when a human player is in the game.

I'm tired of seeing posts of people complaining about the game being crap because they can't win, etc., and I don't mean this post to be taken as that. That's why I kept testing it for seasons and seasons until now, when I believe that this is more than in enough to state that this is NOT a coincidence...

Hasn't anyone experienced anything similar?

Considering how much testing has gone into this by VMX it seems like it may be more than co-incidence.

I don't play online myself so can't comment but it's definitely worth raising this in the bugs forum with as much info as you can put in, as well as some screenshots of your on-line and off-line results, maybe the differing league tables as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMX:

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm about to go crazy icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I experience exactly the same thing as you.

As a result, I build vastly different tactics between online and offline play, despite using the same teams.

Really?

How does it go for you?

Do you play more offensive offline and more defensive online?

I've always tried to attempt different things, but due to the randomness of the game it's quite difficult to hit the spot.

Archived