3D Match - 1 Star Rating - What does that mean?

I'm getting a 1-star rating so I had a couple of questions:

1. What does this mean exactly 0 if I had 5 stars, would the graphics be better? The engine runs really smoothly as is....

2. I'm on Mac and have a very good graphics card - is just the fact that I am on a Mac resulting in the lower rating?

Thanks!

Agreed, I'm only a one star and I have no problems at all (and wouldn't expect to, 09 ran fine). Unless this is of course a bizarre reverse rating system and one star is good ;)

The demo shows me only 1 star rating and the 3D match runs like **** in demo.

I have 2,3GHz Intel Core Duo-processor, 256MB Ati Mobility Radeon 3470-videocard and 4GB Ram, on my Sony laptop bought in february this year, with Vista on it. So normally, the 3D match option in the game should work smoothly. I am very dissapointed, taking in consideration that they said FM2010 will work faster and better than FM2009 with the same computer specifications like last year. The demo proves the contrary, so I think I'am not buying it anymore, I shall cancel my online order for the game.

I have a laptop with specs well over the recommended, and I also get a 1-star rating, even though it runs without a problem on high graphics. My guess is that is has something to do with how your computer can run the game, though. And if I'm right it's not working very well :thup:

I have a laptop with specs well over the recommended, and I also get a 1-star rating, even though it runs without a problem on high graphics. My guess is that is has something to do with how your computer can run the game, though. And if I'm right it's not working very well :thup:

FM 2009 it works fine, smoothly, the 3D match is a pleasure to watch, but in the demo of FM2010 the 3D match works very bad comparing with FM2009, I mean the players are trembling when they are running. :(

I'm also on a Vista laptop, dual core, no graphics card beyond the built-in ...I was very impressed with the Demo. On FM'09 I had to crank the graphical detail down to the minimum to avoid the stuttering you guys are describing; on the FM'10 demo its been smooth from the get-go.

Sounds like a "your mileage may vary" situation - ioan, your laptop has mine beat cold on every spec, so I don't know why yours doesn't perform.

I'm also on a Vista laptop, dual core, no graphics card beyond the built-in ...I was very impressed with the Demo. On FM'09 I had to crank the graphical detail down to the minimum to avoid the stuttering you guys are describing; on the FM'10 demo its been smooth from the get-go.

Sounds like a "your mileage may vary" situation - ioan, your laptop has mine beat cold on every spec, so I don't know why yours doesn't perform.

I am at work right now but this evening when I'll get back at home I shall make a Vaio Update for all my laptop drivers, then the last update for DirectX in Vista from Microsoft (it dates from August 2009), even though I made the update proposed in the Demo. After that I'll remove the Strawbery Demo then install it again. Hope the 3D match will work without shuddering this time. I'll tell you the result.

Just curious but does having windows7 installed make any difference to the star system used in fm2010? Even though its not supposed to be available until the 22nd I've just taken delivery of this os but would like to know how it would affect fm before installing.

I currently have the strawberry vesion of the demo installed on vista and am getting 3 stars and the graphics are on full detail and the performace is a great improvement over fm2009. I really dont want to install windows7 if its going to affect the performance of fm so I might wait for the release of both the full game and the first patch(for fm) before installing windows7.

I have a top spec gameing pc and only get 1 star but it runs like a dream top settings so I think the Star system on the demo is not working right ( FM10 is awsome cant wait until the 30th)

Which video card do you have ? 2 ATI 5870 Crossfire ? This is the top and if you get one star only for this setup the FM graphic report system is definitely broken.

My mate has a top of the range PC, I just helped him download the demo. When I say top of the range, I mean £2,400s worth two weeks ago (!!!) and he gets 1 Star rating... wtf!?

Mine gets one star too, fair enough mine isn't as good as his but mine runs GTA4 and Fifa10 PERFECTLY!

I am at work right now but this evening when I'll get back at home I shall make a Vaio Update for all my laptop drivers, then the last update for DirectX in Vista from Microsoft (it dates from August 2009), even though I made the update proposed in the Demo. After that I'll remove the Strawbery Demo then install it again. Hope the 3D match will work without shuddering this time. I'll tell you the result.

Well, I did all that and the 3D match still has a vibrating efect on the ball and on the players when the match speed is one level up from normal position. I hope SI will fix this problem in the official release of the game. Is not normal to have this kind of effect on a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 that has 256MB GDDR3 dedicated and up to 1400MB shared video card and a system with Intel Core 2 Duo mobile P8400 2x2.26Ghz (1066mhz FSB, 3Mb Cache) and 4GB RAM DDR2 800MHz, considering that on computers with lower specs this doesn't happen.

I'll be grateful to have an opinion from SI concerning this issue.

Could be wrong about this, but maybe the star system is only accurate on fully supported graphic cards? As I understand it mobile chipsets are not supported fully. My laptop runs Empire Total War on full detail with no problems and the FM10 demo also on full detail, but I only have 1/2 star 3D rating. Strange.

i am only guessing but i think it's mearly a guide to the strenght of your g-card, there is also a star rating for processing speed so like the graphics i thinks it's a guide to how ones machine can cope with the current leagues running, ie more leagues to run the stars will decrease?

Archived