FM2010 long term gameplay

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starto View Post

""""""""As you will also know a 6 month demo will not give us the time to really see how the A.I handles itself later on in your 8th or 9th season. This is something that has not been addressed for ages and ages, So I'm not going to assume thats fixed in FM10.

I thank you though for actually inquiring instead of just following the trend here.[/b]"""""""""""

""""""""""""You are welcome, but I would prefer if people didn't "assume" things about the long term gameplay in FM2010 simply because they feel it wasn't up to scratch in some previous games.

I was not asking anyone to assume it was fixed, I just wanted to point out that contrary to your claim about it not being addressed for ages, the long term game play is worked on each year and has been worked on quite a lot especially for FM2010.

There is no need to start multiple threads btw.""""""""""""

you closed the thread and gave no link or indication as to where we could continue this debate...

FM10 is looking amazing so far, and you state above that the long term gameplay has been worked on a lot for FM10...so assuming you have some contact with the testers etc, could youu give an insight as to if your hard work was fruitless or worthwhile..i.e is the longterm gameplay improved in FM10?

• SI Staff

For the record, I don't have a habit of closing threads, that thread was closed for valid reasons by the mods. I've renamed this thread so it can be used to discuss the long term gameplay, as long as we keep it on topic.

IMHO we've made some good progress on the long term gameplay, especially when it comes to regens and player progression. We've thoroughly adjusted, tested, tweaked and tested again areas such as the level of CA/PA on newgens generated over multiple generations (usually this has been tested on soak tests running at least 20 seasons or more), older player decline and individual attribute progression to name a few areas.

We've had special full-time testers this year assigned to their specific areas, which has helped quite a lot on finetuning things. We actually already kind of did this last year on the newgen/player progress area as we were doing quite a detailed analysis over long term soaks already back then.

Naturally the long term gameplay is a bit harder to balance than some other areas of the game, as small changes can have big effects on the gameworld over a longer period of time. And this is why we continue to analyse, tweak and test the long term aspects pretty much all year round.

Archived