Waste of stuffing time

I have tried countless times to download this program and each time the darn thing times out around 170mb. If I can't download the demo I sure as hell am not gonna waste my money of the full version. Get some reliable servers and quit stuffing people around.

Aybe

• Administrators
I have tried countless times to download this program and each time the darn thikng times out around 170mb. If I can't download the demo I sure as hell am not gonna waste my money of the full version. Get some reliable servers and quit stuffing people around.

Aybe

What version are you trying to get? If you are trying for PC, I would suggest using Steam if you can for a reliable transfer. I would also suggest perhaps trying a Torrent download instead. All information on how to download the demo can be found in the FAQ at the top of the forum. Thanks.

well it depends were you download it from and to be fair its not like u cant download it? just gunna take a while, oh and what version are you downloading? the vanilla or strawberry ? because there is gunna be a difference. i downloaded from steam at the busy time when it first came out and i was getting 800-1000 kbs so.... maybe its your internet speed :)

I have tried countless times to download this program and each time the darn thing times out around 170mb. If I can't download the demo I sure as hell am not gonna waste my money of the full version. Get some reliable servers and quit stuffing people around.

Aybe

i found steam a great way of playing the game. was having countless problems installing fm2009 via box version. so tried my hand at steam. installed the game first time with no problems now for the last 2 months.

A tad dissapointed it took me 10 months to work it out mind and miss 10 months off playing time.

as i had no problem with steam when installing game i installed the recent 2010 demo and wehay perfect first time installation.

so yep as you guessed i shall be installing via steam for the full 2010 version hopefully having the whole 12 months playing time this year unlike 2009 version. lol

I've been having the same problem over the last 4 days. Into the 4th day and Steam is up to 80% - fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. Torrent is on 10% - I'm getting speeds of 1 - 3 kb/s (broadband wireless). I can't blame SI for that - in this country our connections are Stone Age. But what has chuffed me off is 3 times now I've waited 6 hours to get a download of the vanilla demo and it asked me for a password, 2 from the Mirror have frozen and crashed my computer and two others just gave me a black screen and closed. I don't think SI are to blame and I don't see why it should put me off getting the full game - last year was 3 days of hell trying to activate under the same primitive conditions but now I can play it off the disk the dodgy internet isn't a concern.

Archived