FM10 Easy, Difficult, Or Perfect

Is FM10 difficulty level  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Is FM10 difficulty level

• Too Easy
    • To Hard
    • Perfect

Hi, I know we have a couple of threads regarding difficulty, however I'd like to do a poll to gauge what you guys think.

I personally think FM10 is slightly to easy, I win games very easily, without the need to change tactics and make subs. I like the challenge of previous FM;s and hope this can be fixed, if needed, maybe ive become a tactical genius with this new wizard.

I have been playing with Liverpool.... I realise its a big team who is expected to win most games, however I win by just pressing continue, I dont need to tinker with tactics to pull of a win,

Example If I was 1-0 down with 20 mins to go and changed a few things around and ended up winning 2-1 i;d be OK with that a deserved win i'd be happy with my changes etc., however im winning at the moment with no need to tinker.... maybe I should try a few different teams, but this is my initial experience.

Hard to say based on the demo really, I suppose it mostly depends on how active the AI is on the transfer market, how easy it is to keep the talented players in the club and so on.. FM09 already was pretty spot on difficulty wise in the beginning, but was too easy for me in the longer run as the AI clubs got weaker and it was pretty easy to find the best newgens around.

I still find tactical side satisfying, 5th in the league at the moment with Spurs.. pretty much where you'd expect to be at.

Liverpool.... cmon be serious its not gunna be that hard with liverpool they have an amazing squad tbf and ofc your not gunna have to change much with tactics oh and they are one of the best comeback kings around lol :D i think its good atleast the players actually do what you tell them to do now

I have been playing with Liverpool.... I realise its a big team who is expected to win most games, however I win by just pressing continue, I dont need to tinker with tactics to pull of a win,

Example If I was 1-0 down with 20 mins to go and changed a few things around and ended up winning 2-1 i;d be OK with that a deserved win i'd be happy with my changes etc., however im winning at the moment with no need to tinker.... maybe I should try a few different teams, but this is my initial experience.

If you play with any of the big four you should win more games than you lose without much tactical tweaking. Your players quality should be enough in most games. If i fancy a challenge but don't want to play in the lower leagues i pick a newly promoted side i.e. Wolves and give myself a challenge over 3 seasons to win something.

Well, it's quite hard to gauge at the moment as we can only play 6 months worth. I've started as Bath City and find myself in 4th as of November 11th. It does seem a little easier at the moment but will it be as easy in the next league, or even in the 2nd half of the season?

We can't really answer this until we get our grubby little hands on the full version.

I will add though that the new tactics screens and the backroom advice helps when choosing tactics. I don't mind admitting that FM2009 was quite difficult in that respect.

I can't really underestand how you can define FM easy or hard or how could SI add difficulty levels.

It fully depends on the team you are coaching, the quallity of the default roster, the money you have for transfer, etc. Are you managing a top team that is also winning in real life? it will be easy also without a lot of tweaks in FM either. Are you managing one of the lowest teams in the league? it will be hard to win.

I really doubt there is anything in the game code that is biased towards or against human teams or even to distinguish between them. For the match engine, both are just teams, and the best one wins (with a random factor applied). With best one i don't mean just the one with the best players, but also the one that uses those players on the best possible way.

That is why i like LLM, to start with a crap team, sign the players with really low budget, set my own tactic, struggle to get it going, and after some time, to have success with it. It's difficult but extremely rewarding.

I am playing as the Chester City with their -25 point disadvantage in the blue square premier division. Currently I am finding the game quite hard, players making mistakes and leading to dropped points. My defending is shocking had to shake my head at some of the errors my centre backs have made for example, letting the ball bounce over their head’s, pushing up into midfield to make a tackle instead of letting the anchor man deal with it and leaving a big gap for my opponents’ to play the ball into and score.

That said if it wasn’t for the point deduction Chester would only have 12 points from the first 15 games so that difficulty seems about right.

It's looking quite pointless with a top team tbh. Started with Man Utd like I always do in the demo to test things out and so far I'm 15 games in and have conceded one goal in all competitions. None against Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool. Tactics are created through the wizard as well so these can't be anything that special. I'd expect it to be a lot tougher in the lower leagues, guess I'll find out when the full game arrives.

A little easy for me so far, as Aberdeen. As it is a demo I've been playing super attacking, passing football and it is somehow working?? My strikers actually score goals and midfielders can pass the ball. 7 league wins and 1 draw so far, against Celtic, plus playing well in Europa League group stages.

Very easy, have not lost a game yet with Stoke City, i use alot of toucline instructions i just hope that the AI do also or it will effect the authenticity of the game.

Maybe SI made the AI easy for the Demo so not to put some people off buying.

I am not a fan of the tactics wizard, so reverted to classic. I am using my old-school 4-1-3-2 with two wide mids and one MC and am creaming everyone with Rangers. Nearly beat Real Madrid away, only lost 2-1 to an offside injury-time goal.

So, too easy for me.

Im playing with Liverpool and I win most games, at the moment i am just playing games and not going indepth. I think with a big club momentum will carry you through, because of better players etc. If i play with a smaller club i could see the need to swap and change thinks to suit the opponents.

Id say Si have it about right with a big club the game will be easier and tactics and team selection will be important agaisnt other big clubs, Maybe when the full game is out i will try to play as a llower league team and earn the right to manage a big club instead of jumping straight in.

Difficulty seems ok, tried a few different teams in terms of quality, and depending on the quality i do pretty much as expected of the teams. Hard to tell in the long run, will teams be able to build up squads, or will you by 2018 have all prem teams with 9 startes aged 34+, and not a single talent being played?

Only the full version will tell ;)

Difficulty seems ok to me. I've find it easier playing with really small clubs than large clubs if i'm honest

I've played with Barrow in the BSP with a estimated finishing place of 19th. I'm currenly in 10th i think only 5 points from a playoff spot at the end of the demo. I think with the squad we had at the start i'd be performing a little over estimated but not much.

Neil

Dunno, I took Arsenal, and it seemed easy until I came to Stuttgart's home with 2:1 from the first game and they kicked me out of Europe ha ha ha. Ok, I didn't pay attention to that game because I had some things to do at home and let it go itself, so eventually I reloaded and played through, but it ended 2:2 on the next run, so...Can't tell.

I'm sure many things will be fixed, but currently, all I can say is

I am totally in love with FM2010, what didn't happen for the past 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion its....

EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY EASY

As the Carrow Road faithful once chanted after beatings Man U 2-0. How low have we sunk. *Kills self*

Well I did 6 months with Man U and then 6 with Chelsea. With United I was in about 12th, but with Chelsea I've only lost one and am in 1st. When I played as United I realised the AI made some intelligent signings, particularly Chelsea. As Chelsea, I seemed to have found the right tactics and players, however. I'm about 8 points clear of Tottenham/City/United/Liverpool/Arsenal so it is exciting. At the moment I will say perfect, and the game is very fun. But I will agree that 6 months is probably not long enough to judge. But for now, well done SI, it's perfect:thup:

I think its perfect except for the results i've had are really unrealistic, im Middlesbrough and i get beat by teams like Doncaster.. Also very rarely score more than 1

It's football, anything can happen really... I managed to lose against Colchester as Spurs in the demo.. just couldn't score that day :(

Copa Del Rey, October 27:

FT Alcorcon [4 - 0] Real Madrid

16' [1 - 0] Borja

22' [2 - 0] A. Arbeloa (o.g.)

40' [3 - 0] Ernesto

52' [4 - 0] Borja

Dudek

Arbeloa

Metzelder

Albiol

Drenthe

Granero

M.Diarra

Guti

Van der Vaart

Benzema

Raúl

;)

i played man utd and after 6 months i have won every league game execpt one draw against spurs. blah blah blah what i really like tho is in playing in europe. i found myself 3matches in with no wins 1defeat and 2 draws. so i changed from my 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 and bingo 3wins. this year europe seems to be alot tougher. which is great

Archived