For The Love Of God Please Take A Year Off

Even those muppets in charge of CM took a year off, then again maybe those guys should have took the rest of the decade off. :p

Seriously am I the only one here who still plays Football Manager 08 religiously??? I'm still playing it right now and damn its still very very good.

My intial impressions of FM10 are not a good one. I havent even played through one game yet and already this horrifying new look is well horrifying me. You know a game has fundemetally run out of ideas when they rehaul the User Interface, and I really aint in the mood buying a game thats going backwards.

If you ask me the past two years have been a total waste of time. Instead of giving us headaches with the ridiculous press conferences, why have you still not fixed the issue of the game breaking apart after 7 or 8 seasons?

Why have we got this absurd 3D Match Engine instead of being able to get to our 10th seasons with everything still seeming balanced well?

Take a year off, Provide an update for next season and show us some respect please. There is no need for a database game to get a make over every single god damn season just for the sake of it, I'm fed up of starting over again every god damn november time, its absurd.

Of course I'm in la la land right now, you do this just to sell something every year and I'm starting to smell it and it aint pretty.

FM08 is still fantastic so why oh why have you gone in a backwards direction? Updating the database doesnt mean you have gone forward does it.

Even those muppets in charge of CM took a year off, then again maybe those guys should have took the rest of the decade off. :p

Seriously am I the only one here who still plays Football Manager 08 religiously??? I'm still playing it right now and damn its still very very good.

My intial impressions of FM10 are not a good one. I havent even played through one game yet and already this horrifying new look is well horrifying me. You know a game has fundemetally run out of ideas when they rehaul the User Interface, and I really aint in the mood buying a game thats going backwards.

If you ask me the past two years have been a total waste of time. Instead of giving us headaches with the ridiculous press conferences, why have you still not fixed the issue of the game breaking apart after 7 or 8 seasons?

Why have we got this absurd 3D Match Engine instead of being able to get to our 10th seasons with everything still seeming balanced well?

Take a year off, Provide an update for next season and show us some respect please. There is no need for a database game to get a make over every single god damn season just for the sake of it, I'm fed up of starting over again every god damn november time, its absurd.

Of course I'm in la la land right now, you do this just to sell something every year and I'm starting to smell it and it aint pretty.

FM08 is still fantastic so why oh why have you gone in a backwards direction? Updating the database doesnt mean you have gone forward does it.

....you first Post then? LOL

Why don't you simply wait for a 3rd party skin? You honestly want SI/SEGA to take a year off because of the skin?!

You said yourself that: "I havent even played through one game yet" so i'm staggered that you've come on here moaning because of this!

How can you state that "the games gone in a backwards direction"? You haven't even played it!

Well I thought FM09 was the best version yet and even more so since the 3D engine was in it.

Im glad they didnt take the year off and have had a full years gaming out of FM for the first time, some 40 odd season save game so hardly fell apart for me...

I was actually complimenting SI on 08 whilst destroying them on 09, I'm sure they appriciate the feedback even if they disagree. As for FM10 I'm going to give it a go, I clearly said they were my initial impressions but as we all know first impressions are everything.

I know this is a place where we can willfully attack other management games and its a big no no to attack FM on the SI forums, but really how else do you expect brutally honest feedback to come in.

Let me say it again just to be clear. FM08 is a fantastic game, SI have created what is still the best management game around even today.

My attack on these latest renditions are not in spite, they are how I feel.

If we cant voice our honest thoughts then this forum is also a waste of time no?

EDIT - Look at the barrage of replies attacking me for having an opinion, says more about you than it does me by the way folks.

I lost interest when you said you haven't even played a game yet. How can you form an opinion on the game when you haven't played it?

Also, your main gripes with the game are the fact that it becomes unbalanced after 7/8 seasons or 10 seasons. Well unless you have managed to reverse engineer the demo and run games for this time, again, how can you form this opinion?

Please, don't waste our time and don't waste your time with this drivel. You would be better off playing the demo for a short period of time and seeing exactly how it plays and then maybe see if your opinion changes.

Ifwe cant voice our honest thoughts then this forum is also a waste of time no?

You are more than welcome to say whatever you like but how can you honestly expect anyone to respect your opinion and take you seriously when you slate FM10 yet you haven't actually played a game?

I lost interest when you said you haven't even played a game yet. How can you form an opinion on the game when you haven't played it?

Also, your main gripes with the game are the fact that it becomes unbalanced after 7/8 seasons or 10 seasons. Well unless you have managed to reverse engineer the demo and run games for this time, again, how can you form this opinion?

Please, don't waste our time and don't waste your time with this drivel. You would be better off playing the demo for a short period of time and seeing exactly how it plays and then maybe see if your opinion changes.

All I can suggest is that you re-read what you seem to thought you read.

You are more than welcome to say whatever you like but how can you honestly expect anyone to respect your opinion and take you seriously when you slate FM10 yet you have actually played a game?

Does anyone read anything around here? Are you one of these people who read through a post so quick they dont really understand it?

I was actually complimenting SI on 08 whilst destroying them on 09, I'm sure they appriciate the feedback even if they disagree. As for FM10 I'm going to give it a go, I clearly said they were my initial impressions but as we all know first impressions are everything.

I know this is a place where we can willfully attack other management games and its a big no no to attack FM on the SI forums, but really how else do you expect brutally honest feedback to come in.

Let me say it again just to be clear. FM08 is a fantastic game, SI have created what is still the best management game around even today.

My attack on these latest renditions are not in spite, they are how I feel.

If we cant voice our honest thoughts then this forum is also a waste of time no?

EDIT - Look at the barrage of replies attacking me for having an opinion, says more about you than it does me by the way folks.

It's fine to constructively criticise FM, but when you haven't even played a match yet then it's clear to see you've barely even played FM10 and you're basing everything on what the UI looks like, which makes statements like "it's backwards in direction" and then saying FM08 is better, totally un-constructive.

Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining and if the skin is the best thing he can come up with to complain about, which can be easily changed then it shows the game is much better than previous ones.

It's fine to constructively criticise FM, but when you haven't even played a match yet then it's clear to see you've barely even played FM10 and you're basing everything on what the UI looks like, which makes statements like "it's backwards in direction" and then saying FM08 is better, totally un-constructive.

Another guy who doesnt read the posts properly. Seriously how do you ever expect to debate anything if you dont even read the posts properly?

Instead of giving us headaches with the ridiculous press conferences, why have you still not fixed the issue of the game breaking apart after 7 or 8 seasons?

Exactly where do you get the idea that the game breaks apart after 7/8 seasons?

I'm no fan of press conferences - in fact I really hate the damn things - but all your complaints seem to relate to the cosmetic appearence and a rather vague assumption that you won't like the game in a few seasons time.

FM09 was okay, but it was in desperate need of some tweaks. The ME is now the best I've seen, the UI has definitely improved, and although there are still some very minor points to iron out, the vast majority of gamers (not just the fanboyz) are extremely impressed.

From your post, you sound like quite an impatient and angry young man. Perhaps a cup of hot chocolate and a nap would help you with your perceptions.

Why should SI take a year off? because the great "starto" hasnt played a game on fm10 and still decides the game is gonna be ****.

there are a lot of people who liked fm09 and are liking fm10 so far, so because of one moaner who hasnt played fm10, they should take the year off? oh plz :confused:

I still play 08 'religiously' and I thought 09 was a step backwards, but going by the demo, I think SI are on to a big winner this year.

In my opinon it has the base of 08 with a few flashy bits, nifty features and big improvements added.

When I downloaded the demo I was expecting to be harking for the glory days of 08 and trailing through threads of the same nature, however I'm massivly suprised and i'm looking forward to putting down my 08 save game and booting up 2010!

Another guy who doesnt read the posts properly. Seriously how do you ever expect to debate anything if you dont even read the posts properly?

I read it perfectly fine.

You based all your opinions on the UI, that's what I read...

You say you haven't played a game yet, then you go on to criticise the 3D...how can you when you haven't even seen it?

What is there to debate when you don't even know what you're going on about?

• SI Staff
Instead of giving us headaches with the ridiculous press conferences, why have you still not fixed the issue of the game breaking apart after 7 or 8 seasons?

How would you know how the game is after 7 or 8 seasons when we have only released a demo that allows you to play for 6 months? :confused:

Exactly where do you get the idea that the game breaks apart after 7/8 seasons?

I'm no fan of press conferences - in fact I really hate the damn things - but all your complaints seem to relate to the cosmetic appearence and a rather vague assumption that you won't like the game in a few seasons time.

FM09 was okay, but it was in desperate need of some tweaks. The ME is now the best I've seen, the UI has definitely improved, and although there are still some very minor points to iron out, the vast majority of gamers (not just the fanboyz) are extremely impressed.

From your post, you sound like quite an impatient and angry young man. Perhaps a cup of hot chocolate and a nap would help you with your perceptions.

Are you seriously going to spread around the idea that after 8 or nine seasons these FM games dont break apart? Are you suggesting after 8 or 9 seasons alot of clubs are not in absurd debts? Are you suggesting the system for replacing world class players is good enough?

Fact is after 8 or 9 seasons the A.I is woefully inept. I,ve seen many a clubs dragged into debt, man utd getting relegated cause they couldnt replace rooney properly. Brian Eastwick as england manager (Im the only one here who seen that one?). The list is endless.

One of the funniest threads i've read in ages.

I know this is completely off-topic and perhaps it's a very silly question, BUT:

Do you actually live in Vatican City or is it a joke? Because if you do, I envy you. Must be one of the most interesting places on earth.

Mind you, I was told by somebody that lives in Italy that a certain bishop at the Vatican is one of the biggest football nuts in the world. Can't remember his name unfortunately.

• SI Staff

Maybe we should start a poll and the community can decide where we go on our "year off"

- Australia

- USA

- Thailand

- France

- Canada

- North Pole

- Mount Everest

Answers on a postcard to

Sports Interactive

SI Towers

Eternia

My guess is that you're so in love with 08 that you know exactly what tactic you play who to sign, which youngsters are worthwhile etc etc and that you just don't want to venture out and try something new.

A change is as good as a rest.

Well explain yourself then.

You said: why have you still not fixed the issue of the game breaking apart after 7 or 8 seasons? How do you know this from a 6 months demo (that you haven't played a game of)?

You also said: Why have we got this absurd 3D Match Engine instead of being able to get to our 10th seasons with everything still seeming balanced well? Again, how do you know this?

You finished by saying: why oh why have you gone in a backwards direction? Yet again, how do you know this?

I read your post just fine the first time.

Maybe we should start a poll and the community can decide where we go on our "year off"

- Australia

- USA

- Thailand

- France

- Canada

- North Pole

- Mount Everest

Answers on a postcard to

Sports Interactive

SI Towers

Eternia

I hope the results will be Mount Everest, because then I'll see you there...

Once again. If you have nothing but snappy, cutty remarks to make - don't bother posting. The OP has a different opinion to you so that means you have to attack him? Lay off it.

In response to the OP - I can honestly say you need to judge the game over the 6 months. Once you have played it over that time, if you still have issues then you should raise them in the bugs forum.

Please note, that the GUI is a new look but if you activate via Steam - you will get an old style skin. Also, it isn't great at first but it really does grow on you.

Also, you say SI haven't addressed the issue of the 'game breaking apart', how do you know that? 09 was certainly better than 08 in terms of long-term games IMO and I expect 10 to be better still.

Again, please make use of the bugs forum if you find things that are not working well etc.

FM 08 does break apart after those seasons, because of the poor state the newgens are in. In FM 09 this is already a lot better, and hopefully FM 2010 improves on that. I love FM 2010 so far, but I am thinking about what to play until the full game is out. Demo or FM 09? That is the dilemma in periods like this. That you can't go past 6 months is what is keeping you from getting totally absorbed in it.

How would you know how the game is after 7 or 8 seasons when we have only released a demo that allows you to play for 6 months? :confused:

Im not specifically talking about FM10 with that point. Comon now, the only comment I made in regards to FM10 was the intial impression of the UI. All my other points are mainly related to FM09, and even FM08 in some regards.

Everybody has just taken all off my comments and placed them upon FM10 which isnt the case.

Can you confirm though that unlike previous editions after 8 or 9 seasons we dont see Brian Eastwick as England manager? Or chelsea manager.

- Australia

- USA

- Thailand

- France

- Canada

- North Pole

- Mount Everest

Answers on a postcard to

Sports Interactive

SI Towers

Eternia

LMAO, I was going to suggest a holiday with the CM guys, but damn they are rain men. I dont think you'd survive with your brain intact.

• SI Staff
Im not specifically talking about FM10 with that point. Comon now, the only comment I made in regards to FM10 was the intial impression of the UI. All my other points are mainly related to FM09, and even FM08 in some regards.

Everybody has just taken all off my comments and placed them upon FM10 which isnt the case.

Can you confirm though that unlike previous editions after 8 or 9 seasons we dont see Brian Eastwick as England manager? Or chelsea manager.

Then why don't you try FM 2010 (or wait for people who get that far to post their opinions) before going off on one?

• SI Staff
Are you seriously going to spread around the idea that after 8 or nine seasons these FM games dont break apart? Are you suggesting after 8 or 9 seasons alot of clubs are not in absurd debts? Are you suggesting the system for replacing world class players is good enough?

Fact is after 8 or 9 seasons the A.I is woefully inept. I,ve seen many a clubs dragged into debt, man utd getting relegated cause they couldnt replace rooney properly. Brian Eastwick as england manager (Im the only one here who seen that one?). The list is endless.

Are you stating these as facts on FM2010 ? If so, just out of curiosity, how have you come to such conclusions based on a 6 month demo ? Or are you simply suggesting that by the looks of the demo, we've not worked at all on improving the long term gameplay ?

Archived