Crowds

Perhaps petty, but I wonder if it's a simple fix. When a stadium is only halfway full, especially with the larger stadiums you see 1 stand completely full from the field to the roof while the others are completely empty.

As far as personal experience, especially with largest stadiums, don't they usually fill up the lower parts around the whole stadium, rather than just stacking 1 side?

Like I said, it's no big deal, but if it's an easy fix... makes it look a bit more real.

Talking about matches, the new 3d engine looks great!

I've only played in full stadiums so I'm not sure. Does this happen for all matches with a small attendance? I've known teams to close down one stand when they are expecting a really small attendance.

Perhaps it is down to the stadium layout. I'm playing with Leeds in preseason at the moment. It often happens that they only open up 1 stand, such as right now against Fulham.

From my own experience in the Netherlands it seems like they prefer to fill the lower regions of the stadium all around rather than 1 or 2 stands to the roof. Ajax's ArenA, Feyenoords Kuip etc. Though those stadiums are built up out of 2 rings, of which they open up the lower ring if only half crowds are expected.

My first hand experience comes from working at the ArenA, but I could be off and opening just 1 stand completely is more common practice in the UK.

Another petty thing that really makes little difference to the game but i thought i would mention it.

The crowd in the end stands are facing the same direction as the ones in the side stand, Almost as if they are all looking at me instead of the match. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Another petty thing that really makes little difference to the game but i thought i would mention it.

The crowd in the end stands are facing the same direction as the ones in the side stand, Almost as if they are all looking at me instead of the match. :D

It's to give the effect that the crowd is full and bustling IMO. The spectators are essentially 'flat-stanleys'. They are 2D.

If they were facing forwards, seeing as they are flat, it would look bizarre.

In FM09 3D and stadia were introduced for the first time.

In FM10 we get crowds and much better stadia.

My guess is that in FM11 the animations including the crowds will move forward again.

My bet is that the animations in FM 2011 will improve significantly and we need more powerful computers for that! :D

My bet is that the animations in FM 2011 will improve significantly and we need more powerful computers for that! :D

Well I'd expected that for FM10 and was fretting over forking out for a new laptop I can't afford. I'm delighted with what SI have done - hopefully they can improve animations next year again without significantly increasing processing/graphics card requirements.

Well I'd expected that for FM10 and was fretting over forking out for a new laptop I can't afford. I'm delighted with what SI have done - hopefully they can improve animations next year again without significantly increasing processing/graphics card requirements.

Well, you can't make your cake and eat it too! With improvements on animations, increasing the minimum requirements for graphics card and processors are bound to happen!

I've played away game with Goteborg against Orgryte IS. There was 27700 fans on the stadium, and one side was empty. Orgryte have stadium capacity 18000(!?!)

I've played one friendly game with some sweden lower league club with stadium capacity around 2000, it was full and at half-time: 750 fans(!?!) That is the first bug I noticed in the game.

I've played away game with Goteborg against Orgryte IS. There was 27700 fans on the stadium, and one side was empty. Orgryte have stadium capacity 18000(!?!)

I've played one friendly game with some sweden lower league club with stadium capacity around 2000, it was full and at half-time: 750 fans(!?!) That is the first bug I noticed in the game.

You should report it into the bugs forum mate

Well, did you report this in the bugs forum? This bug should be fixed!

at lower league grounds with lots of terracing you just go and stand anywhere. the clubs don't close off stands regularly just because they don't expect to fill them. watched nearly 400 lower league games and thats never happened, you go where you want.

Its the same managing Sheffield Wednesday. We have a 40000 capacity stadium...and average about 25000, on FM10 for home games they have the 25000 packed into 3 sides with the other side empty, looks odd. In reality all the ground is open.

Noticed it for lower league teams....they way the game is coded seems to suggest they fill each side of the ground bit by bit instead of putting people on all 4 sides.

at lower league grounds with lots of terracing you just go and stand anywhere. the clubs don't close off stands regularly just because they don't expect to fill them. watched nearly 400 lower league games and thats never happened, you go where you want.

Exactly, irl my club in the blue square premier does often close off the biggest stand for cost cutting measures unless there's a big away following but generally, most clubs don't really do this and you just see fans spread out in the home section for these lower attendance games, not packed into one stand.

Well, you can't make your cake and eat it too! With improvements on animations, increasing the minimum requirements for graphics card and processors are bound to happen!

But I just pointed out that that's exactly the case with FM10. SI HAVE improved the animations (and speed) but the minimum requirements are the same as for FM09.

Archived