Buying FM10 in South Korea

Hi. I'm hoping somebody from SI/Sega could answer my question. I recently moved to the Republic of Korea and I was wondering if somebody could tell me my options for buying the game.

When I tried to download the demo via Steam, it said the game was currently unavailable in my region. Will I be able to download and buy the full version with Steam on October 30? Are there other direct download options for my region? Will the game be sold in boxes in this country? If so, on what date?

Thank you.

I hear your pain, i am also in the big K. I personally ordered mine over the net, a boxed copy as I always get boxed copies of games. I am not sure if we can get a boxed copy in Seoul, maybe in Yongsan, when I lived in Japan I had no real trouble getting a copy. If you want to download it, I would say gamersgate is a pretty good option. I have used them for other games and I have had no trouble with them.

Hi. I'm hoping somebody from SI/Sega could answer my question. I recently moved to the Republic of Korea and I was wondering if somebody could tell me my options for buying the game.

When I tried to download the demo via Steam, it said the game was currently unavailable in my region. Will I be able to download and buy the full version with Steam on October 30? Are there other direct download options for my region? Will the game be sold in boxes in this country? If so, on what date?

Thank you.

eBay or so is an option.

Have you tried GamersGate? I got my copy of direct download FM09 from there. One problem with GamersGate (for me at least) is that the downloads are painfully slow.

For FM10, I've pre-ordered the disk from Zavvi in the UK, as even with postage to Japan it was still a good deal. Let's just hope the Royal Mail doesn't implode.

I also got mine from Zavvi, but if you are in Japan why don't you go into Akihabara?

It won't be cheap even in Akiba... plus you have to contend with the very crappy GBP vs Yen exchange rates. Its actually much cheaper to buy one from the UK and ship it internationally. You'd be looking at around 50 quid for an imported copy in Japan, whereas its around half that to simply download it off my fibre-optic line via gamersgate.

Archived