Problem: Running FM10 Demo (Gold)

Hi All,

As the title suggests I am having a problem running FM10 Demo (Gold).

The installation works fine. Here were my steps:

1. Custom Install

2. No to upgrade DX after installation.

3. Finish Install

4. Install DX runtime from Microsoft Web site.

5. Run program.

On run of the program my memory hits 78% which is fine and it is obviously doing something in the background as the CPU flutters around for a while. However NO GUI appears. It is actually running in the background while I type this (seen via task manager).

My PC Specifications are (And I understand that they are not in the 'supported list' but was hoping there was a way I could get it running).

# Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz processor

# 160GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive (Seagate 5400.5)

# 1GB of DDR2 RAM (667MHz)

# Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

# 10” WSVGA LED-Backlit 1024 x 600 LCD

Can anyone help me with this? Perhaps one of the SI team if not the public?

Thank you very much for your time.

Dan

Hi All,

As the title suggests I am having a problem running FM10 Demo (Gold).

The installation works fine. Here were my steps:

1. Custom Install

2. No to upgrade DX after installation.

3. Finish Install

4. Install DX runtime from Microsoft Web site.

5. Run program.

On run of the program my memory hits 78% which is fine and it is obviously doing something in the background as the CPU flutters around for a while. However NO GUI appears. It is actually running in the background while I type this (seen via task manager).

My PC Specifications are (And I understand that they are not in the 'supported list' but was hoping there was a way I could get it running).

# Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz processor

# 160GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive (Seagate 5400.5)

# 1GB of DDR2 RAM (667MHz)

# Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

# 10” WSVGA LED-Backlit 1024 x 600 LCD

Can anyone help me with this? Perhaps one of the SI team if not the public?

Thank you very much for your time.

Dan

Hi Guys,

Seems I have fixed it. I remembered the switch to run the program in windowed mode and that has done the trick.

If like me you have a netbook with the same or similar specs, adding '-windowed -small_screen' to the Target Location of the shortcut runs the program in windowed mode and it runs nicely. Even with the limited specs (and running with limited visual modes) it runs nice and quick which has supprised me but I am happy.

The problem I had, must have been to do with the native resolution of the netbook imho or something like that, but the program itself running in windowed mode squishes itself in nicley and now I have FM on my netbook and while I am out and about.

Hope this helps someone who also has this problem.

Ciao.

Dan

Great news Dan :)

Enjoy the game - hopefully this might be of use to someone else anyway!

Hei All.

I thought I would add some more to this. It seems that my earlier post suggesting that everything was fine was a little premature.

It seems while putting the game into windowed mode on a resolution as described above, while it does load the GUI and the GUI does try its best to fit into that resolution, some parts of the GUI mash together / are not visible which makes you miss things and also makes the game a little unplayable.

It would be nice to have a GUI that would just use scroll bars etc when used at a lower res and not behave as it does, but I guess very few people have such low res these days that perhaps it's not so mush of a problem.

*shrugs*

Seems I have to go back to playing it on the big rig at home and not the netbook. :(

Archived